Rtl.fr - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Rtl.fr - Mandriva ; Hi, I am having no success playing the direct web-radio at www.rtl.fr in Firefox, Konqueror or Opera. The web-radio element is loading into the browser, but I cannot make it play ...Hmmm, could anyone give me a hint if there ...

  1. Rtl.fr

    Hi,
    I am having no success playing the direct web-radio at www.rtl.fr in
    Firefox, Konqueror or Opera.
    The web-radio element is loading into the browser, but I cannot make it
    play ...Hmmm, could anyone give me a hint if there is something special
    I need to have installed.
    In Firefox I have a lot of plugins installed, including the Windows
    Mediaplayer plugin.
    Help? Anyone?

    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Rtl.fr

    Hello, Roger a écrit dans

    > I am having no success playing the direct web-radio at www.rtl.fr in
    > Firefox, Konqueror or Opera.

    You should try to open this link with VLC :
    http://streaming.radio.rtl.fr:80/rtl-1-44-96
    Or try to use MediaPlayerConnectivity extension with Firefox.
    N.B. : the "play" button of the rtl-radio doesn't work for me, but
    MediaPlayerConnectivity showed the correct link.
    --
    Pierre.

  3. Re: Rtl.fr

    Pierre Pallier skrev:
    > Hello, Roger a écrit dans
    >

    >> I am having no success playing the direct web-radio at www.rtl.fr in
    >> Firefox, Konqueror or Opera.

    > You should try to open this link with VLC :
    > http://streaming.radio.rtl.fr:80/rtl-1-44-96
    > Or try to use MediaPlayerConnectivity extension with Firefox.
    > N.B. : the "play" button of the rtl-radio doesn't work for me, but
    > MediaPlayerConnectivity showed the correct link.

    Wonderful, the streaming link worked, it opened in Totem. This is the
    last opstacle before I can make my wife go over to Linux =0) She uses
    Windows, and she always starts her day with some French news =0)

    I do not understand though what it means with "mediaplayerconnectivity"
    could you please explain for me.

    All the best
    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  4. Re: Rtl.fr

    Hello, Roger a écrit dans

    > I do not understand though what it means with "mediaplayerconnectivity"
    > could you please explain for me.

    This link should be better than my explanations :

    --
    Pierre.

  5. Re: Rtl.fr

    > I do not understand though what it means with "mediaplayerconnectivity"
    > could you please explain for me.
    >
    > All the best
    > Roger

    Pierre, please disregard, I've got it....I had to install it...

    Thanks

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

+ Reply to Thread