2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged - Mandriva ; I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery power, it goes into hibernate mode. How do I change this? Paul...

  1. 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    power, it goes into hibernate mode.

    How do I change this?

    Paul

  2. Re: 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    Paul Hanchett wrote:

    > I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    > fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    > power, it goes into hibernate mode.
    >
    > How do I change this?
    >
    > Paul

    You can do it from the control center under peripherals, and display, power
    control

  3. Re: 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    > Paul Hanchett wrote:
    >
    >> I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    >> fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    >> power, it goes into hibernate mode.
    >>
    >> How do I change this?
    >>
    >> Paul

    > You can do it from the control center under peripherals, and display, power
    > control

    Where is the "control center" you mention? I'm running gnome, and there
    is nothing by that name... :-(

  4. Re: 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    On 2008-10-31, Paul Hanchett wrote:
    > Jarrod McCandless wrote:
    >> Paul Hanchett wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    >>> fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    >>> power, it goes into hibernate mode.
    >>>
    >>> How do I change this?
    >>>
    >>> Paul

    >> You can do it from the control center under peripherals, and display, power
    >> control

    > Where is the "control center" you mention? I'm running gnome, and there
    > is nothing by that name... :-(

    Have you looked for Mandriva Control Center? The actual
    command is "mcc" (without the quotation marks).

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  5. Re: 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:39:13 -0700, Paul Hanchett wrote:

    > I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    > fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    > power, it goes into hibernate mode.

    Are you sure the battery isn't dying? Could it be the computer shuts down
    thinking the battery is about to go flat?
    If changing the setting in MCC doesn't fix the problem maybe it's a
    hardware fault.

    Just my two-penneth.

  6. Re: 2008.0 goes into sleep mode when portable is unplugged

    Artful Codger wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:39:13 -0700, Paul Hanchett wrote:
    >
    >> I have 2008.0 installed on my portable computer. It was working just
    >> fine, but recently when I unplug the portable and shift to battery
    >> power, it goes into hibernate mode.

    > Are you sure the battery isn't dying? Could it be the computer shuts down
    > thinking the battery is about to go flat?
    > If changing the setting in MCC doesn't fix the problem maybe it's a
    > hardware fault.
    >
    > Just my two-penneth.

    Don't think so-- It'll run for more than an hour after being turned on
    to run off the battery...

    Paul

+ Reply to Thread