Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware - Mandriva ; (Trying 2009.0 via installtion from 'One' CD) Odd thing in MCC/Hardware. The "Configure Prnters & Scanners" section contains only a "Set up scanner" option -though in Menu/Tools/SystemTools there is a 'Manage Printing' facility which goes into localhost:631 and offers printer ...

  1. Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    (Trying 2009.0 via installtion from 'One' CD)

    Odd thing in MCC/Hardware. The "Configure Prnters & Scanners" section
    contains only a "Set up scanner" option -though in
    Menu/Tools/SystemTools there is a 'Manage Printing' facility which
    goes into localhost:631 and offers printer config.

    (I had heard elsewhere in here that the printer config facilities had
    been changed.)

    --
    /\/\aurice

  2. Re: Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:33:08 -0400, Maurice Batey wrote:

    > (I had heard elsewhere in here that the printer config facilities had
    > been changed.)

    I haven't checked through the menus to see where/if it's there, but you can
    run system-config-printer from the commandline, or alt+f2.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > (Trying 2009.0 via installtion from 'One' CD)
    >
    > Odd thing in MCC/Hardware. The "Configure Prnters & Scanners" section
    > contains only a "Set up scanner" option -though in
    > Menu/Tools/SystemTools there is a 'Manage Printing' facility which
    > goes into localhost:631 and offers printer config.
    >
    > (I had heard elsewhere in here that the printer config facilities had
    > been changed.)

    If you installed from the KDE live CD, then system-config-printer was
    excluded from the CD. Set up on-line sources and install it. You should then
    have a module in MCC.

    It's polite check the Release Notes and Errata before asking someone else to
    do it for you.

    http://tinyurl.com/5t5e8w

    Jim

  4. Re: Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:55:24 +0000, James Kerr wrote:

    > It's polite check the Release Notes and Errata before asking someone else
    > to do it for you.

    I didn't think I had asked anyone to do anything!

    I merely pointed out an incongruity, and showed how it could be
    overcome.

    But I appreciate the clarification. Thank you.

    --
    /\/\aurice
    (Retired in Surrey, UK)

  5. Re: Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    Maurice Batey wrote:

    > On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:55:24 +0000, James Kerr wrote:
    >
    >> It's polite check the Release Notes and Errata before asking someone else
    >> to do it for you.

    > I didn't think I had asked anyone to do anything!
    >
    > I merely pointed out an incongruity, and showed how it could be
    > overcome.

    Sorry. I must have been in "grumpy old man" mode when I wrote that

    Jim

  6. Re: Odd thing in 1009.0 MCC Hardware

    On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 02:37:51 +0000, James Kerr wrote:

    > I must have been in "grumpy old man" mode when I wrote that

    I suspect there are few who don't momentarily slip into that mode
    from time to time! 8-))

    Apologies to all for letting silly typo "1009.0" out of the door...
    --
    /\/\aurice