Stupid question maybe - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Stupid question maybe - Mandriva ; Hi, I wonder...In KDE 3.xx it was possible to right-click on the desktop to make a shortcut, but I am not able to make this work under KDE 4.1. I have made some shortcuts, by moving icons from the "Kicker", ...

  1. Stupid question maybe

    Hi, I wonder...In KDE 3.xx it was possible to right-click on the desktop
    to make a shortcut, but I am not able to make this work under KDE 4.1. I
    have made some shortcuts, by moving icons from the "Kicker", but when I
    drag a file from Dolphine, I only end up with a boring, terminal looking
    thing, witch I am not able to change the look..iconwice.
    Any advice would be great...
    I have googled a little, and I found a place saying that you should move
    the cursor to the upper right corner and it should work there, but in my
    upper right corner I have an icon, only offering me to unlock/lock things..

    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Stupid question maybe

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:08:39 +0100, Roger wrote:
    > Hi, I wonder...In KDE 3.xx it was possible to right-click on the desktop
    > to make a shortcut, but I am not able to make this work under KDE 4.1.

    Create your shortcut in the Desktop plasmoid. Be sure to set icon and
    icon size. When you know it works, left click drag out to your desktop.

  3. Re: Stupid question maybe

    Bit Twister skrev:
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:08:39 +0100, Roger wrote:
    >> Hi, I wonder...In KDE 3.xx it was possible to right-click on the desktop
    >> to make a shortcut, but I am not able to make this work under KDE 4.1.

    > Create your shortcut in the Desktop plasmoid. Be sure to set icon and
    > icon size. When you know it works, left click drag out to your desktop.

    Ok, I started the plasmoid, unlock elements, and then add screen element
    (sorry for crappy translation, Norwegian Mandriva), then I am presented
    with a bunch of applets and things, but I do not understand how I make a
    new one? I can see Install a "Install a new screen element" but then I
    only get the choice between Internet and a file..hmm...I am totally out
    on a "berry tour" here?

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  4. Re: Stupid question maybe

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:39:10 +0100, Roger wrote:

    > Ok, I started the plasmoid, unlock elements, and then add screen element
    > (sorry for crappy translation, Norwegian Mandriva), then I am presented
    > with a bunch of applets and things, but I do not understand how I make a
    > new one?

    Sounds like you are not in the Desktop plasmoid.
    I just move mouse into Desktop, Right click -> Create, scroll down to
    bottom and select Link to Application.

    Just for fun, create a new account, say junk.
    Log out of Roger, and into junk.
    There you will have the Desktop plasmoid about center screen.

  5. Re: Stupid question maybe

    Bit Twister skrev:
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:39:10 +0100, Roger wrote:
    >> Ok, I started the plasmoid, unlock elements, and then add screen element
    >> (sorry for crappy translation, Norwegian Mandriva), then I am presented
    >> with a bunch of applets and things, but I do not understand how I make a
    >> new one?

    > Sounds like you are not in the Desktop plasmoid.
    > I just move mouse into Desktop, Right click -> Create, scroll down to
    > bottom and select Link to Application.
    >
    > Just for fun, create a new account, say junk.
    > Log out of Roger, and into junk.
    > There you will have the Desktop plasmoid about center screen.

    Oh...simple...I have a real teflon kind of memory...BUT I am really
    surtain that I have deleted it from my desktop...Now i will have to find
    a way to enable it again...in my account..

    Thankyou Bit Twister =0)

    Roger

    --
    Mandriva Linux 2009 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

+ Reply to Thread