OT: Cygwin off-line - Mandriva

This is a discussion on OT: Cygwin off-line - Mandriva ; Mandriva is on this current machine. So I feel I want Cygwin on an XP machine, which is not connected to the net. Looking at Cygwin FAQ, it seems its all installed using setup.exe direct from the net. Can anyone ...

  1. OT: Cygwin off-line

    Mandriva is on this current machine.

    So I feel I want Cygwin on an XP machine, which
    is not connected to the net. Looking at Cygwin
    FAQ, it seems its all installed using setup.exe
    direct from the net.

    Can anyone advise if its possible to download
    the Cygwin packages, move them across to an
    isolated machine, use Cygwin exe, then plonk
    packages into /cache and install from there ?

    I suppose a Live CD for the isolated machine to
    get it on-line would be another option.

  2. Re: OT: Cygwin off-line

    > Mandriva is on this current machine.
    >
    > So I feel I want Cygwin on an XP machine, which
    > is not connected to the net. Looking at Cygwin
    > FAQ, it seems its all installed using setup.exe
    > direct from the net.

    Have found I can do without it for now.

    > Can anyone advise if its possible to download
    > the Cygwin packages, move them across to an
    > isolated machine, use Cygwin exe, then plonk
    > packages into /cache and install from there ?

    I haven't tried downloading it and running it.
    Will do that sometime, and see what it says.

    > I suppose a Live CD for the isolated machine to
    > get it on-line would be another option.

    Silly. Running Linux doesn't help with running a
    Win app.

+ Reply to Thread