Re: Can't install 2009 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: Can't install 2009 - Mandriva ; On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:21:47 -0400, Doug Laidlaw wrote: > The 2-CD free download hangs during package install; the One version goes > into a blackSOD with two lines about "audit", each followed by hex > characters for the ...

  1. Re: Can't install 2009

    On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:21:47 -0400, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > The 2-CD free download hangs during package install; the One version goes
    > into a blackSOD with two lines about "audit", each followed by hex
    > characters for the width of the screen.

    Running a google search on "mandriva 2009 audit" indicates that the workaround
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_E...not_created.29
    should fix it.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  2. Re: Can't install 2009

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:21:47 -0400, Doug Laidlaw
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The 2-CD free download hangs during package install; the One version goes
    >> into a blackSOD with two lines about "audit", each followed by hex
    >> characters for the width of the screen.

    > Running a google search on "mandriva 2009 audit" indicates that the
    > workaround

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_E...not_created.29
    > should fix it.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thanks David. And this is an official release, not an alpha!

    At least Mandriva provides fixes. A guy on SourceForge with a commercial
    branch of his product told me that I didn't understand Open Source - it was
    not up to him to look at bugs, but other users should, so he could keep the
    bugs out of his commercial product. A good wicket, they would say in
    England.

    Doug.
    --
    A friend is one who knows all about you but likes you just the same.
    - W.G.P.

  3. Re: Can't install 2009

    Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > David W. Hodgins wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:21:47 -0400, Doug Laidlaw
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> The 2-CD free download hangs during package install; the One version
    >>> goes into a blackSOD with two lines about "audit", each followed by hex
    >>> characters for the width of the screen.

    >> Running a google search on "mandriva 2009 audit" indicates that the
    >> workaround

    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_E...not_created.29
    >> should fix it.
    >>
    >> Regards, Dave Hodgins
    >>

    > Thanks David. And this is an official release, not an alpha!
    >
    > At least Mandriva provides fixes. A guy on SourceForge with a commercial
    > branch of his product told me that I didn't understand Open Source - it
    > was not up to him to look at bugs, but other users should, so he could
    > keep the
    > bugs out of his commercial product. A good wicket, they would say in
    > England.
    >
    > Doug.

    Well, I got to a console (Alt+F2) ran through each step of drakx11 as
    recommended. It seemed to be going well enough to set my resolution, but
    the Wiki said to accept all the defaults. I then rebooted, repositories
    were set up automatically, then it seemed to hang in the middle of the
    survey. That may have been simply my impatience, because the same thing
    happened with the 2-CD set, but it eventually got a move on. I now have a
    working installation from that, but not in place of my 2008.1.

    Doug.
    --
    I live one day at a time, but I'm 3 weeks behind.
    Now you know why!

+ Reply to Thread