konqueror wont use selected search engine - Mandriva

This is a discussion on konqueror wont use selected search engine - Mandriva ; 2008.1 x86_64 I have only google selected in the list of search engines, yet, no matter what i try, konqueror always uses ASK.com. The ASK.com icon is always showing in the search bar. How can i fix this? Also, a ...

  1. konqueror wont use selected search engine

    2008.1 x86_64
    I have only google selected in the list of search engines, yet, no matter
    what i try, konqueror always uses ASK.com. The ASK.com icon is always
    showing in the search bar. How can i fix this?
    Also, a sort of related problem, in thunderbird, when i click on an html
    link in an email i always get prompted for "what program should i use to
    open this?" something isnt set there, but i cant find anything to
    say "always use the default web browser" to open html links.
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: konqueror wont use selected search engine

    On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:18:03 -0400, Eric wrote:

    > 2008.1 x86_64
    > I have only google selected in the list of search engines, yet, no matter
    > what i try, konqueror always uses ASK.com. The ASK.com icon is always
    > showing in the search bar. How can i fix this?

    Are you using opendns name servers? If so, take a look at
    http://www.labnol.org/software/brows...s-bar-ie/2662/

    > Also, a sort of related problem, in thunderbird, when i click on an html
    > link in an email i always get prompted for "what program should i use to
    > open this?" something isnt set there, but i cant find anything to
    > say "always use the default web browser" to open html links.

    Can't help with this one.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: konqueror wont use selected search engine

    David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:18:03 -0400, Eric wrote:
    >
    >> 2008.1 x86_64
    >> I have only google selected in the list of search engines, yet, no matter
    >> what i try, konqueror always uses ASK.com. The ASK.com icon is always
    >> showing in the search bar. How can i fix this?

    > Are you using opendns name servers? If so, take a look at

    http://www.labnol.org/software/brows...s-bar-ie/2662/

    >> Also, a sort of related problem, in thunderbird, when i click on an html
    >> link in an email i always get prompted for "what program should i use to
    >> open this?" something isnt set there, but i cant find anything to
    >> say "always use the default web browser" to open html links.

    > Can't help with this one.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    You may be better off with ASK.com. Google is so keen to have the whole
    Internet on its archives, that it is inclined to serve up removed pages
    instead of the current one. That has been my experience -even with a known
    site I knew had just been updated. I would get that no matter what. I
    notice that Dave's link says "Google redirects" i.e. you always get
    Google - but I haven't looked at it. Google's submission in the Courts
    about privacy has been quoted as: "There is no such thing nowadays."
    Except for them, that is. That was a case where their ground-level camera
    trespassed on private property. Truly a second Microsoft.

    I run a PHP genealogy site. Google would not only archive the PHP, but run
    the pages for each individual and archive that. It came back once a
    quarter at the beginning of the month, used up my monthly bandwidth in a
    few hours, and sent my host broke. I have now excluded Google from
    anything but HTML.

    I can't help you with Thunderbird either. I am surprised that it doesn't
    nominate Firefox.

    Doug.
    --
    It is all right letting yourself go as long as you can let yourself back.
    - Mick Jagger.

+ Reply to Thread