amarok and ipod - Mandriva

This is a discussion on amarok and ipod - Mandriva ; you guise may think I am blind, and you would be right lol, but I can't find a way to have amarok on mdv 2009 kde4 to load my ipod with music did they remove that function or am I ...

  1. amarok and ipod

    you guise may think I am blind, and you would be right lol, but I can't
    find a way to have amarok on mdv 2009 kde4 to load my ipod with music

    did they remove that function or am I not looking in the right place

    JI did install the kde ioslave for ipod like I had to do with older mdv

  2. Re: amarok and ipod

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:12:10 -0400, chris gareau wrote:

    > you guise may think I am blind, and you would be right lol, but I can't
    > find a way to have amarok on mdv 2009 kde4 to load my ipod with music
    > JI did install the kde ioslave for ipod like I had to do with older mdv

    $ urpmq -l ipodslave
    /usr/lib/kde3/kio_ipodslave.la
    /usr/lib/kde3/kio_ipodslave.so
    /usr/share/services/ipodslave.protocol

    I don't see a kde4 version of the ipodslave, so it looks like you'll have to switch
    to kde3, if you want that functionality.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: amarok and ipod

    chris gareau wrote:

    > you guise may think I am blind, and you would be right lol, but I can't
    > find a way to have amarok on mdv 2009 kde4 to load my ipod with music
    >
    > did they remove that function or am I not looking in the right place
    >
    > JI did install the kde ioslave for ipod like I had to do with older mdv

    Installing KDE4 was a really bad idea.

    But it's not your fault when the pinheads at MDV wanted to force everyone to
    use a pre-beta version of the perhaps one day stable release of next KDE
    environnement...

  4. Re: amarok and ipod

    F8BOE wrote:
    > chris gareau wrote:
    >
    >> you guise may think I am blind, and you would be right lol, but I can't
    >> find a way to have amarok on mdv 2009 kde4 to load my ipod with music
    >>
    >> did they remove that function or am I not looking in the right place
    >>
    >> JI did install the kde ioslave for ipod like I had to do with older mdv

    > Installing KDE4 was a really bad idea.
    >
    > But it's not your fault when the pinheads at MDV wanted to force everyone to
    > use a pre-beta version of the perhaps one day stable release of next KDE
    > environnement...

    I have scence figured out how to get ipod to work with amarok2 but I
    just don't like the way they use it so I will use amarok 1 or gtkpod to
    load the ipod, as 4 k4 I like it so far, however there are not to many
    syste info applets for plasma.

+ Reply to Thread