Billionton Bluetooth dongle - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Billionton Bluetooth dongle - Mandriva ; Hi, I have buyed a Billionton Bluetooth dongle and coupled it to this machine, it actually works well, Kbtobexclient sees my cellular and all is fine...except I don't know where I tell the pin-kode for the bluetooth dongle, when my ...

  1. Billionton Bluetooth dongle

    Hi,
    I have buyed a Billionton Bluetooth dongle and coupled it to this
    machine, it actually works well, Kbtobexclient sees my cellular and all
    is fine...except I don't know where I tell the pin-kode for the
    bluetooth dongle, when my SGH-J400 (Samsung) finds the Linuxmachine it
    asks for a pin code and I dont have it. I have tried 1234 and 0000, but
    to no avail.
    I guess this is easy under Windows, but I have not switched my
    Windowsmachine on for several days now, and I won't do it today.
    Do anyone have an advice for this?

    All the best
    Roger
    --
    Mandriva Linux 2008.1 pwp (Linuxcounter #432950)

    MSI NEO3, 1,0 Gb Memory, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU
    GeForce 6600GT Pci-E
    Be against others the way
    you want to be treated yourself

  2. Re: Billionton Bluetooth dongle

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:51:00 -0400, Roger wrote:

    > I have buyed a Billionton Bluetooth dongle and coupled it to this
    > machine, it actually works well, Kbtobexclient sees my cellular and all
    > is fine...except I don't know where I tell the pin-kode for the
    > bluetooth dongle, when my SGH-J400 (Samsung) finds the Linuxmachine it
    > asks for a pin code and I dont have it. I have tried 1234 and 0000, but

    Have you installed the appropriate package gnome-bluetooth, kdebluetooth,
    or kdebluetooth4?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins