2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help - Mandriva ; I finished my install of 2009.0 from the free DVD and for the first time ever my Logitech mousewheel worked (have been running 2008.0 for the last year). Unfortunately after a hard reboot (lost power) it stopped working. I have ...

  1. 2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help

    I finished my install of 2009.0 from the free DVD and for the first
    time ever my Logitech mousewheel worked (have been running 2008.0 for
    the last year). Unfortunately after a hard reboot (lost power) it
    stopped working. I have no idea how to go about diagnosing the
    problem. Anyone have some suggestions? For a long time I thought it
    didn't work because I'm going through a KVM switch and it wasn't being
    properly recognized during bootup or something. The fact that it
    actually worked for a couple of days makes me think otherwise. BTW,
    the KVM has two Windoze machines on it as well and the scroll wheel
    works fine on those. Thanks.

  2. Re: 2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:48:46 -0400, Larry wrote:

    > I finished my install of 2009.0 from the free DVD and for the first
    > time ever my Logitech mousewheel worked (have been running 2008.0 for

    Is this a usb or ps/2 mouse? What do you have in the InputDevice section
    for the mouse, in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: 2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help

    Larry schreef:
    > I finished my install of 2009.0 from the free DVD and for the first
    > time ever my Logitech mousewheel worked (have been running 2008.0 for
    > the last year). Unfortunately after a hard reboot (lost power) it
    > stopped working.

    In the past i have had problems (in 2008.0) when imwheel was installed.
    After removal my mouse was working again. You can try if it helps (you
    can always reinstall it).

    Don't know the relation with the hard reset in 2009. You can always try
    to remove and reinstall the mouse via mcc.

    Peter

  4. Re: 2009.0 Logitech Mousewheel Help

    > Is this a usb or ps/2 mouse? *What do you have in the InputDevice section
    > for the mouse, in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?

    The mouse is ps/2. I did some more experimenting and I'm now certain
    the problem is related to the KVM. When I first start X the mouse
    works fine. It continues to work fine until I switch to one of the
    other computers on the KVM. Upon switching back the the mousewheel
    doesn't work. If I restart X the mousewheel works fine again.
    Lather, rinse, repeat. The section from xorg.conf is:

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver "mouse"
    Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/mouse"
    EndSection

    I can't see how it could be much more generic than that. I might try
    experimenting with something more specific to logitech if you think
    that might help. Is there a mouse "process" that I could restart
    rather than having to restart X?

+ Reply to Thread