Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan - Mandriva ; On 2008-10-15, Patrick Phillips wrote: > Sindhu wrote: > >> From about 3 months now dynamic.hinet.net has been initiating a port >> scan every now and then on my ath0. i also found a link expressing the >> same problem> ...

  1. Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan

    On 2008-10-15, Patrick Phillips wrote:
    > Sindhu wrote:
    >
    >> From about 3 months now dynamic.hinet.net has been initiating a port
    >> scan every now and then on my ath0. i also found a link expressing the
    >> same problem> http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,13769214
    >>
    >> Any one can explain more about this?

    > Did you notice that post was made 2005-06-28 21:52:53 so they have been
    > around for for awhile, I and others have reported previous port scan's
    > from China though I've never heard of this particular web site before
    > today.

    I have received a lot of spam allegedly from hinet.net.

    Patrick, why do you ask for Cc but supply a non-existent domain?

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  2. Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan

    Robert Riches wrote:

    > Patrick, why do you ask for Cc but supply a non-existent domain?

    I installed new versions of Mandriva 2009 and Opensuse 11.0 this week on
    a couple PC's and probably have setting wrong or typo's in settings on one
    or other, of these 2 PC's, 2 news readers and 2 mail clients.

    I setup OpenSuse 11.0 w/Gnome and Claws mail/news, then Mandriva 2009
    backed down KDE4 to KDE3.5.9-10 with Kontact and Kmail and Knode for
    news.

    I see a earlier post [yesterday] above here made with Knode that
    has "Mail-Copies-To: patrickp@prodigy.NOT" and usually leave this line
    blank, is that what you meant?

    Just now removed it, does this header look better?

    I'll re-check all settings in Claws and Suse too, always get in a hurry
    retyping my own data into mail/news settings over and over again, and may
    have made some mistakes haven't got around to double checking until
    today.

    --
    Patrick...at
    Latitude: 40.48*

  3. Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan

    On 2008-10-16, Patrick Phillips wrote:
    > Robert Riches wrote:
    >
    >> Patrick, why do you ask for Cc but supply a non-existent domain?

    > I installed new versions of Mandriva 2009 and Opensuse 11.0 this week on
    > a couple PC's and probably have setting wrong or typo's in settings on one
    > or other, of these 2 PC's, 2 news readers and 2 mail clients.
    >
    > I setup OpenSuse 11.0 w/Gnome and Claws mail/news, then Mandriva 2009
    > backed down KDE4 to KDE3.5.9-10 with Kontact and Kmail and Knode for
    > news.
    >
    > I see a earlier post [yesterday] above here made with Knode that
    > has "Mail-Copies-To: patrickp@prodigy.NOT" and usually leave this line
    > blank, is that what you meant?
    >
    > Just now removed it, does this header look better?
    >
    > I'll re-check all settings in Claws and Suse too, always get in a hurry
    > retyping my own data into mail/news settings over and over again, and may
    > have made some mistakes haven't got around to double checking until
    > today.

    Yes, it no longer asks for a Cc. Thanks.

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  4. Re: dynamic.hinet.net port scan

    Robert Riches wrote:

    > Yes, it no longer asks for a Cc. *Thanks.

    thank you!
    --
    Patrick...at
    Latitude: 40.48*