This is a discussion on FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released - Mandriva ; Get your new Adobe Flash player 10. http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer...

  1. FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

  2. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    > http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    I am having trouble with the installation.

    Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
    or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):

    and everything I try comes up with....

    WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

    What do I need to enter here ?
    Tia,Dale

  3. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    Dale wrote:

    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >> http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    > I am having trouble with the installation.
    >
    > Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
    > or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):
    >
    > and everything I try comes up with....
    >
    > WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.
    >
    > What do I need to enter here ?
    > Tia,Dale

    Should have included I am running mozilla
    on mandriva 2008

  4. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:56:14 -0400, Dale wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >> Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >> http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    > I am having trouble with the installation.
    >
    > Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
    > or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):
    >
    > and everything I try comes up with....
    >
    > WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.
    >
    > What do I need to enter here ?

    /usr/lib/mozilla

  5. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    "Dale" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Dale wrote:
    >
    >> Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >>> Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    >> I am having trouble with the installation.
    >>
    >> Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
    >> or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):
    >>
    >> and everything I try comes up with....
    >>
    >> WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.
    >>
    >> What do I need to enter here ?
    >> Tia,Dale

    > Should have included I am running mozilla
    > on mandriva 2008

    download the rpm and double click on it to install it

  6. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:56:14 -0400, Dale wrote:
    >> Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >>> Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    >> I am having trouble with the installation.
    >>
    >> Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, Netscape,
    >> or Opera browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla):
    >>
    >> and everything I try comes up with....
    >>
    >> WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.
    >>
    >> What do I need to enter here ?

    /usr/lib/mozilla

    That would not work yesterday but I think I know why...
    Yesterday I had gone into su.
    Today I stayed in user mode....
    Might help someone else.

  7. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    Bit Twister wrote:

    >Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Anybody know what the spyware situation is with Flash Player? In the
    past, the Linux version was said to be fairly clean. Is that still true?

    --
    Dave Farrance

  8. Re: FYI: Adobe Flash 10 released

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:36:53 GMT, Dave Farrance wrote:
    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >>Get your new Adobe Flash player 10.
    >>http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    > Anybody know what the spyware situation is with Flash Player?

    Still there. You can right click any flash video and set storage to
    none. In my case, I have a separate linux account for browsing.
    ..bash_logout deletes directories I have found in the past. Example:

    /bin/rm -f $HOME/.gconfd/saved_state
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/.java
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/.mplayer
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/.macromedia
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/.pulse*
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/.ooo-2.0
    /bin/rm -f $HOME/.recently-*
    /bin/rm -f $HOME/.sversionrc
    /bin/rm -fr $HOME/tmp/*

    > In the
    > past, the Linux version was said to be fairly clean. Is that still true?

    No idea. since I have had some videos fail to play under gnash, I
    went back to adobe.

+ Reply to Thread