FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ? - Mandriva ; When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which ...

  1. FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told
    that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the
    download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which works
    out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009 upgrade they
    offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the case,
    did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less at
    the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more seemed
    like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  2. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    JTJersey wrote:
    > When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told
    > that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the
    > download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which works
    > out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009 upgrade they
    > offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the case,
    > did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    > supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    > Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less at
    > the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more seemed
    > like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.

    http://store.mandriva.com/product_in...products_id=73

    Take a look at the current subscription powerpack package, above.
    If this is what you have (for 2008.1) you are entitled to a second
    download powerpack OS, complete.

    My guess is you are not logged in properly for the second download,
    or maybe the change from 2008.1 to 2009.0 (vice 2008.0 to 2008.1)
    resulted in a mis-alignment. Complain to Mandriva.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

  3. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    Jim Beard wrote:
    > JTJersey wrote:
    > > When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told
    > > that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the
    > > download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which works
    > > out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009 upgrade they
    > > offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the case,
    > > did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    > > supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    > > Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less at
    > > the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more seemed
    > > like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.
    > >

    > http://store.mandriva.com/product_in...products_id=73
    >
    > Take a look at the current subscription powerpack package, above.
    > If this is what you have (for 2008.1) you are entitled to a second
    > download powerpack OS, complete.
    >
    > My guess is you are not logged in properly for the second download,
    > or maybe the change from 2008.1 to 2009.0 (vice 2008.0 to 2008.1)
    > resulted in a mis-alignment. Complain to Mandriva.

    When things have gone awry with my club membership a complaint on the
    Mandriva forum was enough to get it sorted out within a week.

    G'luck....

  4. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    JTJersey wrote:

    > When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told
    > that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the
    > download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which works
    > out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009 upgrade they
    > offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the case,
    > did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    > supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    > Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less at
    > the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more seemed
    > like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.

    You should find torrents for 2009.0 PWP at
    http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...ads/MyTorrents
    --
    Registered Linux User 271330

  5. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 09:17:55 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:

    > JTJersey wrote:
    >> When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was
    >> told that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to
    >> get the download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009
    >> which works out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent
    >> 2009 upgrade they offered what they were talking about that was free?
    >> If that's the case, did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack
    >> deal with the supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did
    >> anybody running Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1
    >> for $15.00 less at the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few
    >> dollars more seemed like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out
    >> $15.00.
    >>

    > http://store.mandriva.com/product_in...products_id=73
    >
    > Take a look at the current subscription powerpack package, above. If
    > this is what you have (for 2008.1) you are entitled to a second download
    > powerpack OS, complete.
    >
    > My guess is you are not logged in properly for the second download, or
    > maybe the change from 2008.1 to 2009.0 (vice 2008.0 to 2008.1) resulted
    > in a mis-alignment. Complain to Mandriva.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > jim b.

    Yes, that appears to be it, except my payment was for 2008.1 and 2009
    specifically. I'm not finding any place to log in to look at my
    account. I'll try fumbling around through their rather convoluted web
    site and see if I can find something later this evening. I've got a new
    in the shrink wrap hard drive ready to install it to

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  6. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    Werner Brinkmann writes:

    >JTJersey wrote:

    >> When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was told
    >> that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to get the

    "I was told" By whom were you told?
    Have you asked Mandriva?

    >> download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which works
    >> out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009 upgrade they

    You are offered by whom?

    >> offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the case,
    >> did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    >> supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    >> Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less at
    >> the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more seemed
    >> like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.

    2009.0 has a free version and a powerpack version.
    The free version is free for all. The powerpack is "free" to members of the
    club (club.mandriva.com) and maybe you (are you a club member? Do you have
    a logon and password? If so do as suggested below

    >You should find torrents for 2009.0 PWP at
    >http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...ads/MyTorrents

  7. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:02:21 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    > Werner Brinkmann writes:
    >
    >>JTJersey wrote:

    >>> When I purchased Mandriva 2008.1 Powerpack Edition for $69.00 I was
    >>> told that version 2009 would be free. When I sign in at Mandriva to
    >>> get the

    > "I was told" By whom were you told?
    > Have you asked Mandriva?

    Mr. Mandriva himself. It was what Mandriva offered when I looked for
    2008.1 Power Pack and it sounded like a good deal so I paid for it. Who
    do you think offered it to me?

    >>> download ISO file all I'm offered is a 25% discount on 2009 which
    >>> works out to about $52.00 US. Was I misled or was the recent 2009
    >>> upgrade they

    > You are offered by whom?

    Mrs. Mandriva.

    >>> offered what they were talking about that was free? If that's the
    >>> case, did only people who purchased the 2008.1 Powerpack deal with the
    >>> supposedly free version of 2009 get this update or did anybody running
    >>> Mandriva get it as well? I could have purchased 200.1 for $15.00 less
    >>> at the time, but the offer to include 2009 for a few dollars more
    >>> seemed like a good idea, but now I think I'm just out $15.00.

    > 2009.0 has a free version and a powerpack version. The free version is
    > free for all. The powerpack is "free" to members of the club
    > (club.mandriva.com) and maybe you (are you a club member? Do you have a
    > logon and password? If so do as suggested below
    >

    >>You should find torrents for 2009.0 PWP at
    >>http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...ads/MyTorrents

    I do have a club membership, but I don't hang out at Mandriva.com.
    However, this was actually helpful, but it's painfully slow. I'm used to
    downloading from Mandriva's FTP site not torrents, but 2009 is available
    to me as advertised. It's downloading now.
    Thanks.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

  8. Re: FREE 2009 Power Pack ISO costs $52 ?

    JTJersey writes:

    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:02:21 +0000, Unruh wrote:

    >> Werner Brinkmann writes:

    >> "I was told" By whom were you told?
    >> Have you asked Mandriva?

    >Mr. Mandriva himself. It was what Mandriva offered when I looked for
    >2008.1 Power Pack and it sounded like a good deal so I paid for it. Who
    >do you think offered it to me?

    >> You are offered by whom?

    >Mrs. Mandriva.

    >> 2009.0 has a free version and a powerpack version. The free version is
    >> free for all. The powerpack is "free" to members of the club
    >> (club.mandriva.com) and maybe you (are you a club member? Do you have a
    >> logon and password? If so do as suggested below
    >>

    >>>You should find torrents for 2009.0 PWP at
    >>>http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...ads/MyTorrents

    >I do have a club membership, but I don't hang out at Mandriva.com.
    >However, this was actually helpful, but it's painfully slow. I'm used to
    >downloading from Mandriva's FTP site not torrents, but 2009 is available
    >to me as advertised. It's downloading now.
    >Thanks.

    Torrents are very variable. I got somewhere between 5K/sec to 5M/sec on my
    torrent downloads ( of course the latter was when most of the file was
    actually downloaded).

+ Reply to Thread