CUPS browser interface - Mandriva

This is a discussion on CUPS browser interface - Mandriva ; I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631 . Am I missing a package that needs to be installed?...

  1. CUPS browser interface

    I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs
    http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631. Am I missing a package that
    needs to be installed?

  2. Re: CUPS browser interface

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:07:37 +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
    > I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs
    > http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631. Am I missing a package that
    > needs to be installed?

    Have you been into MCC--> services and verified cups is running?

  3. Re: CUPS browser interface

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 03:07:37 -0400, Alan Secker wrote:

    > I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs
    > http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631. Am I missing a package that
    > needs to be installed?

    Is cups installed and running? As root run "service cups status". Note that
    with 2009.0, printerdrake has been replaced with system-config-printer.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: CUPS browser interface

    Bit Twister wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:07:37 +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
    >> I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs
    >> http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631.

    As long as the cups server is running. If you are trying to use firefox or
    some other browser, try using Konqueror and see if that will work.
    Previously, I had an issue exactly like that. Firefox would refuse to
    connect to localhost anything. I see either the upgrade to Mandriva 2009 or
    the migration to firefox 3 has fixed that problem. Now I have a whole bunch
    of new ones instead.

    Cheers,
    Thai

  5. Re: CUPS browser interface

    Thai C. Stacy wrote:

    > Bit Twister wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:07:37 +0100, Alan Secker wrote:
    >>> I cannot get the CUPS browser interface to come up using the usual URLs
    >>> http://127.0.0.1:631 or http://localhost:631.

    > As long as the cups server is running. If you are trying to use firefox or
    > some other browser, try using Konqueror and see if that will work.
    > Previously, I had an issue exactly like that. Firefox would refuse to
    > connect to localhost anything. I see either the upgrade to Mandriva 2009
    > or the migration to firefox 3 has fixed that problem. Now I have a whole
    > bunch of new ones instead.
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Thai

    I checked all the services and cups was/is running. I tried again tonight
    and it came up perfectly. I don't understand it either!

    Thanks for your patience. Alan

+ Reply to Thread