How to see all suggestions from urpmi? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on How to see all suggestions from urpmi? - Mandriva ; After installing Mandriva 2009, i have got a problem: When i run urpmi, and i write just part of the name of the package i want to install, i get just 4 suggestions. How can i get all suggestions? When ...

  1. How to see all suggestions from urpmi?

    After installing Mandriva 2009, i have got a problem:

    When i run urpmi, and i write just part of the name of the package i want to
    install, i get just 4 suggestions. How can i get all suggestions?

    When i try to connect to google talk jabber server, i get an error message
    from Kopete3: "SSL support could not be initialized fro account
    sjaavaag@gmail.com. This is most likeliy because the QCA TLS plugin is not
    installed on your system."

    Normally, i should get a list of suggestions, if i run 'urpmi tls'. Now i
    get just 4 suggestions

  2. Re: How to see all suggestions from urpmi?

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:11:27 +0200, Amund wrote:

    > When i try to connect to google talk jabber server, i get an error message
    > from Kopete3: "SSL support could not be initialized fro account
    > sjaavaag@gmail.com. This is most likeliy because the QCA TLS plugin is not
    > installed on your system."

    Then I suggest installing qca.

    > Normally, i should get a list of suggestions, if i run 'urpmi tls'. Now i
    > get just 4 suggestions

    Nmmm, I saw 4 suggestions, followed by
    You should use -a to use all of them

    did a urpmi -a tls
    which gave about 66 selections.

  3. Re: How to see all suggestions from urpmi?

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:11:27 -0400, Amund wrote:

    > Normally, i should get a list of suggestions, if i run 'urpmi tls'. Now i
    > get just 4 suggestions

    If a package named tls exists, the above will go ahead and install it. I'd
    use "urpmq tls" in versions prior to 2009.0. With 2009.0, you have to add
    the -a switch, as in "urpmq -a tls".

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  4. Re: How to see all suggestions from urpmi?

    'urpmq -a ' do the trick.

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:11:27 +0200, Amund wrote:
    >
    >> When i try to connect to google talk jabber server, i get an error
    >> message from Kopete3: "SSL support could not be initialized fro account
    >> sjaavaag@gmail.com. This is most likeliy because the QCA TLS plugin is
    >> not installed on your system."

    > Then I suggest installing qca.

    I just switched to the kde4-version of Kopete, and that connects to google
    talk without problems.

    Tnks

+ Reply to Thread