Install Mandriva 64 bits on 32 version - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Install Mandriva 64 bits on 32 version - Mandriva ; Hi, I have 2 partitions. / /home Both have been formatted with Mandriva 2008 32 bits. I plan to upgrade my hardware & install Mandriva 64bits on / I will format / Will /home still be usable ? Thanks (sorry ...

  1. Install Mandriva 64 bits on 32 version

    Hi,

    I have 2 partitions.
    /
    /home

    Both have been formatted with Mandriva 2008 32 bits.
    I plan to upgrade my hardware & install Mandriva 64bits on /

    I will format /

    Will /home still be usable ?

    Thanks

    (sorry if it's a stupid question, I'd like to know before I do this
    upgrade)

  2. Re: Install Mandriva 64 bits on 32 version

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:58:52 -0400, Nanard wrote:

    > Both have been formatted with Mandriva 2008 32 bits.
    > I plan to upgrade my hardware & install Mandriva 64bits on /
    > Will /home still be usable ?

    Yes. The filesystem format and the cpu type have no affect on each other.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins