Painless migration back to 2008.1? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Painless migration back to 2008.1? - Mandriva ; Hi all, Right, I've decided I can't live with 2009.0 for the time being. Is there a relatively pain-free way to migrate back to 2008.1? I'm rather hoping I can simply do an 'Install' without formatting the home partition, and ...

  1. Painless migration back to 2008.1?

    Hi all,

    Right, I've decided I can't live with 2009.0 for the time being.

    Is there a relatively pain-free way to migrate back to 2008.1?

    I'm rather hoping I can simply do an 'Install' without formatting the
    home partition, and all will be well, but perhaps the older and wiser
    heads here have other ideas...

    Advice welcomed, thanks.

  2. Re: Painless migration back to 2008.1?

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:38:03 +0100, Keith wrote:

    > Right, I've decided I can't live with 2009.0 for the time being.
    >
    > Is there a relatively pain-free way to migrate back to 2008.1?
    >
    > I'm rather hoping I can simply do an 'Install' without formatting the
    > home partition,

    If /home is on / , no
    If /home is on a separate partition, yes.

    If so, pick custom during Partition Phase, click home partition, set
    mount point /home.
    CLick / partition, mount point /
    DONE

    > and all will be well,