no shutdown / reboot options kde - Mandriva

This is a discussion on no shutdown / reboot options kde - Mandriva ; When i right click on desktop to log out, it does not given me "shutdown" and "reboot" options. i have the "give shutdown options" checked under session manager in kcontrol. am using mandriva 2009, kde 3.5.10. power button is my ...

  1. no shutdown / reboot options kde

    When i right click on desktop to log out, it does not given me
    "shutdown" and "reboot" options. i have the "give shutdown options"
    checked under session manager in kcontrol.

    am using mandriva 2009, kde 3.5.10.

    power button is my only way to shutdown (the moment i press the system
    goes into shutdown, which is very handy but i'd like to have options)
    please help, thanks.

  2. Re: no shutdown / reboot options kde

    Sindhu wrote:
    > When i right click on desktop to log out, it does not given me
    > "shutdown" and "reboot" options. i have the "give shutdown options"
    > checked under session manager in kcontrol.
    >
    > am using mandriva 2009, kde 3.5.10.
    >
    > power button is my only way to shutdown (the moment i press the system
    > goes into shutdown, which is very handy but i'd like to have options)
    > please help, thanks.

    Shutdown ----> $ halt

    Frank

  3. Re: no shutdown / reboot options kde

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:19:35 +0100, Highland Ham wrote:
    > Shutdown ----> $ halt

    or maybe /sbin/poweroff

+ Reply to Thread