slow mandriva 2009 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on slow mandriva 2009 - Mandriva ; everything from alt + tab (application switching) to switching between tabs in firefox is slow on mandriva 2009, what can be the cause of this?...

  1. slow mandriva 2009

    everything from alt + tab (application switching) to switching between
    tabs in firefox is slow on mandriva 2009, what can be the cause of
    this?

  2. Re: slow mandriva 2009

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 02:48:09 -0700 (PDT), Sindhu wrote:
    > everything from alt + tab (application switching) to switching between
    > tabs in firefox is slow on mandriva 2009, what can be the cause of
    > this?

    Works about as fast as on release 2008.1 for me.
    A middle click on
    http://www.securitytracker.com/
    takes about 1 second to switch to a new tab and see web page.

    Of course I have privoxy installed to cut down on getting ads and whatnot.
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.o...bc4674ee714a69
    for details.

    my changes:

    $ grep hosts: /etc/nsswitch.conf
    hosts: files dns

    $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
    NETWORKING_IPV6=no
    NOZEROCONF=yes
    GATEWAYDEV=eth1
    GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
    NEEDHOSTNAME=no
    NETWORKING=yes
    HOSTNAME=wm90.home.test

    $ head -3 /etc/hosts
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    192.168.1.137 wm90.home.test wm90
    192.168.1.1 gateway.home.test cm

    Note: running my own name server (bind/named)

    $ cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    nameserver 192.168.1.137
    search home.test

+ Reply to Thread