Mirror Repositories, Expecially for 2009.0 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Mirror Repositories, Expecially for 2009.0 - Mandriva ; I have just noticed a command that I think should prove useful to many who need to update mirrors. From a command line, urpmq --list-url This gives you a fast clear presentation of your current mirror repositories. Particularly when Mandriva ...

  1. Mirror Repositories, Expecially for 2009.0

    I have just noticed a command that I think should prove
    useful to many who need to update mirrors. From a command
    line,

    urpmq --list-url

    This gives you a fast clear presentation of your current
    mirror repositories. Particularly when Mandriva is shifting
    from one version to another (2008.1 to 2009.0 for example)
    knowing exactly which repositories your updates will come from
    is critical.

    If you have been getting updates for your system from something
    that includes /current/ as part of the path name, and the version
    changes, you need to remove and add media to get the correct
    repositories, or you will update to the new version, whether you
    want to or not.

    And 2009.0 has a bug, in that updates are being pulled from
    the cooker repositories. For the first few days after a
    release, this is not a problem as contents of both cooker
    and updates will be the same, but later you my find yourself
    on the "bleeding edge" of software development for 2009.1.

    Use of the above command can help you keep things straight.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  2. Re: Mirror Repositories, Expecially for 2009.0

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:32:46 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:

    > I have just noticed a command that I think should prove
    > useful to many who need to update mirrors. From a command
    > line,
    >
    > urpmq --list-url

    Yes and if you have done a clean install,

    urpme --auto-orphans can help clean up packages no longer needed with
    newly installed packages.

  3. Re: Mirror Repositories, Expecially for 2009.0

    Jim Beard wrote:

    > And 2009.0 has a bug, in that updates are being pulled from
    > the cooker repositories.

    According to the official mandriva forums this was fixed very
    quickly. Just remove and re-add your repos to update the
    sources.

    Having said that, there may be a few cooker rpms on the system
    which need to be dealt with - look on the forum
    (forums.mandriva.com) for more info if required.

    HTH
    Syd

+ Reply to Thread