Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009 - Mandriva ; All: At first I tried MySQL version 5.0.67 by typing in (as root) "service mysqld start". It came out with the following error message -- ERROR: hostname cannot be localhost, mysql_install_db is quite unstable. I then changed the hostname to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

  1. Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    All:
    At first I tried MySQL version 5.0.67 by typing in (as root) "service mysqld start". It came out with the
    following error message -- ERROR: hostname cannot be localhost, mysql_install_db is quite unstable. I then
    changed the hostname to anything but 'localhost' and that allowed the mysqld to come up. I then tried such
    commands as mysqladmin and mysql and they came out with the error -- ERROR 1045 (28000): Access
    denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO). I even tried to log into mysql as another user and while
    it allowed me into mysql, it wouldn't allow me to create a database -- ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for
    user ''@'localhost' to database 'OTR'. Any ideas about what to do?

    --
    Keith

  2. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    On Saturday 11 October 2008 16:39, someone identifying as *Keith Lee* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > All:
    > I managed to fix it. I typed in a root password into my /etc/my.cnf file.
    > Everything works great now! :-)


    Now all you still need to do is set your newsreader's editor to wrap lines
    at around 76 characters...

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:53:21 +0200, Aragorn wrote:

    > On Saturday 11 October 2008 16:39, someone identifying as *Keith Lee*
    > wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >
    >> All:
    >> I managed to fix it. I typed in a root password into my /etc/my.cnf
    >> file. Everything works great now! :-)

    >
    > Now all you still need to do is set your newsreader's editor to wrap
    > lines at around 76 characters...


    Aragorn:
    I have tried that but Pan doesn't seem to have that type of
    configuration setting.

    Keith Lee



    --
    Keith

  4. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    On Saturday 11 October 2008 18:45, someone identifying as *Keith Lee* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:53:21 +0200, Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> On Saturday 11 October 2008 16:39, someone identifying as *Keith Lee*
    >> wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >>
    >>> All:
    >>> I managed to fix it. I typed in a root password into my /etc/my.cnf
    >>> file. Everything works great now! :-)

    >>
    >> Now all you still need to do is set your newsreader's editor to wrap
    >> lines at around 76 characters...

    >
    > Aragorn:
    > I have tried that but Pan doesn't seem to have that type of
    > configuration setting.


    Well, I don't use Pan myself, but many others do and they seem to have found
    a way to set their wordwrap correctly. Perhaps one of the Pan users here
    can help you on your way? ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  5. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 18:56:50 +0200, Aragorn wrote:

    > On Saturday 11 October 2008 18:45, someone identifying as *Keith Lee*
    > wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >
    >> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 17:53:21 +0200, Aragorn wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Saturday 11 October 2008 16:39, someone identifying as *Keith Lee*
    >>> wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >>>
    >>>> All:
    >>>> I managed to fix it. I typed in a root password into my /etc/my.cnf
    >>>> file. Everything works great now! :-)
    >>>
    >>> Now all you still need to do is set your newsreader's editor to wrap
    >>> lines at around 76 characters...

    >>
    >> Aragorn:
    >> I have tried that but Pan doesn't seem to have that type of
    >> configuration setting.


    You have to seek and remain undeterred by failure.

    > Well, I don't use Pan myself, but many others do and they seem to have
    > found a way to set their wordwrap correctly. Perhaps one of the Pan
    > users here can help you on your way? ;-)


    When posting, in the Pan editor menu, go to Edit and select Wrap Text.

  6. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:26:11 +0200, Mark Madsen wrote:
    > You have to seek and remain undeterred by failure.
    >
    >> Well, I don't use Pan myself, but many others do and they seem to have
    >> found a way to set their wordwrap correctly. Perhaps one of the Pan
    >> users here can help you on your way? ;-)

    >
    > When posting, in the Pan editor menu, go to Edit and select Wrap Text.


    Mark:
    It is. Seeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee???

    Keith Lee



    --
    Keith

  7. Re: Problems with MySQL for Mandriva Linux 2009

    All:
    What do you know? NOW, it works. :-)

    --
    Keith

+ Reply to Thread