2009 No Sound on Intel DG45ID mobo - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2009 No Sound on Intel DG45ID mobo - Mandriva ; 2009 Mandriva is the first Linux I've tried that supports Compiz on the motherbord's builtin display and the builtin Ethernet. Unfortunately, the motherboard sound doesn't make any sound. Ubuntu 8.10 beta has working sound on this machine. -- Chuck Forsberg ...

  1. 2009 No Sound on Intel DG45ID mobo

    --
    Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
    Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"

  2. Re: 2009 No Sound on Intel DG45ID mobo

    Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R writes:

    >2009 Mandriva is the first Linux I've tried that supports
    >Compiz on the motherbord's builtin display and the builtin
    >Ethernet.

    >Unfortunately, the motherboard sound doesn't make any sound.
    >Ubuntu 8.10 beta has working sound on this machine.

    Since all distros rely on the same programs, this suggests that
    a) Ubuntu uses a more recent alsa
    b) Somehow the setup in modprobe.conf or modprobe.d is different.

    >--
    >Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
    >Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
    > Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
    >10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665

+ Reply to Thread