2009.0 One - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2009.0 One - Mandriva ; I have tried 2009.0 One in several different computers and have changed the configuration of these computers. In all cases, the initial load fails, system hangs. Systems include two Core2Duo-based systems, one on an ASUS P5N-E SLI and one an ...

  1. 2009.0 One

    I have tried 2009.0 One in several different computers and have changed
    the configuration of these computers. In all cases, the initial load
    fails, system hangs.

    Systems include two Core2Duo-based systems, one on an ASUS P5N-E SLI and
    one an Intel DP35DP. Both systems were tested using one gig and 2 gig
    memory, with a 7950GT video card. Other systems tested include 2
    different ASUS A8N-VM CSM boards / Ath 64 X2 3800 and 4200, with one or
    two gig memory, with and without 7950GT video card.

    All seem to fail and hang at about the same point.

    I have not tried to download a more recent version or burn a new CD.
    (That's next.) But the error seems to be in a parameter rather than a
    CD read error.

  2. Re: 2009.0 One

    From: Peaceful Bill
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.mandriva

    And with saying hello?

    Check MD5?

  3. Re: 2009.0 One

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:58:02 -0500, Peaceful Bill wrote:

    > I have tried 2009.0 One in several different computers and have changed
    > the configuration of these computers. In all cases, the initial load
    > fails, system hangs.

    I am assuming you're trying the CD. Try this on boot, Press F3, then F3
    again and with the arrow keys select "TEXT", now press the enter key and
    see what that does for booting. Report your results back here please,
    have reported a bug on booting, would like to know if it's similar to
    what I found.

  4. Re: 2009.0 One - the fix is in

    Ar wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:58:02 -0500, Peaceful Bill wrote:
    >
    >> I have tried 2009.0 One in several different computers and have changed
    >> the configuration of these computers. In all cases, the initial load
    >> fails, system hangs.

    > I am assuming you're trying the CD. Try this on boot, Press F3, then F3
    > again and with the arrow keys select "TEXT", now press the enter key and
    > see what that does for booting. Report your results back here please,
    > have reported a bug on booting, would like to know if it's similar to
    > what I found.

    I found the note in the 2009.0 Errata. There is a problem with booting
    One. I was able to follow the procedure and get a permanent installation.

    Essentially, when the system hangs, hit Alt+F2, login as root and start
    drakx11. Accept all the defaults, exit and then enter service -f dm.
    One will then complete booting.

    For me its not acceptable to go through all this every time I want to
    run Mandriva One. My preference is to install it onto the hard drive,
    fix the ipv6 speed issues, load my favorite software and run it. I've
    installed it on three computers, one of them is KDE the other two are
    GNOME. KDE is the default download, GNOME can be downloaded from the
    same directory.

+ Reply to Thread