Changing the drop down menu of a folder in KDE 3.5? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Changing the drop down menu of a folder in KDE 3.5? - Mandriva ; All: Is there a way to add an option to a folder's pulldown menu in KDE 3.5? Before, you could right click on a folder, choose "Move to..." and place the folder into another folder. That option has been taken ...

  1. Changing the drop down menu of a folder in KDE 3.5?

    All:
    Is there a way to add an option to a folder's pulldown menu in KDE 3.5? Before, you could right click on a
    folder, choose "Move to..." and place the folder into another folder. That option has been taken out of
    Mandriva Linux 2009 RC1.

    --
    Keith

  2. Re: Changing the drop down menu of a folder in KDE 3.5?

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:19:59 -0400, Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > Is there a way to add an option to a folder's pulldown menu in KDE 3.5? Before, you could right click on a
    > folder, choose "Move to..." and place the folder into another folder. That option has been taken out of
    > Mandriva Linux 2009 RC1.

    I haven't tried any of the 2009 versions yet. I'm currently downloading 2009.0.

    http://groups.google.ca/group/alt.os...ca4e55fea9bb2?
    shows how to add a context menu (right click on file) item to konquorer

    That given, the options for a folder or regular file seem to be specified in
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc with possible overrides from
    ~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc.

    Try creating a new user for testing with, and see if that new user has the
    options available in konqueror. If it does, then it's just a matter of
    removing the old entry from ~/.kde for the original user.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins