Amarok - Shoutcast Streams - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Amarok - Shoutcast Streams - Mandriva ; Hi All, Has anyone noticed problems accessing the shoutcast streams through Amarok? Since the onset of the shoutcast beta services, I get can't connect to server half the time trying to access the list. This morning it took about 10 ...

  1. Amarok - Shoutcast Streams

    Hi All,

    Has anyone noticed problems accessing the shoutcast streams through Amarok?
    Since the onset of the shoutcast beta services, I get can't connect to
    server half the time trying to access the list. This morning it took about
    10 tries before the list would open, so it seems worse. The cool-streams
    work just fine, however, I never use that list.

    Just Curious,
    Thai

  2. Re: Amarok - Shoutcast Streams

    Thai C. Stacy wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Has anyone noticed problems accessing the shoutcast streams through
    > Amarok? Since the onset of the shoutcast beta services, I get can't
    > connect to server half the time trying to access the list. This morning
    > it took about 10 tries before the list would open, so it seems worse.
    > The cool-streams work just fine, however, I never use that list.
    >

    > Just Curious,
    > Thai

    Well, just for fun I upgraded the system to 2009 last night. The new Amarok
    2 did not have any problem accessing the shoutcast list. Unfortunately, I
    couldn't get any sound from it. I noticed the xine engine was not listed
    under "engine". I messed around with the phonon stuff, made sure
    phonon-gstreamer and phonon-xine were installed and just about gstreamer
    everything else. Sound worked just fine from kaffeine, audacious, etc...so I
    re-installed the older version of Amarok and everything popped back in just
    like it used to be - including the shoutcast list access difficulty. It
    works but sporadically, sometimes opening up and other times I have to keep
    trying to get the list to work. One last thing, I had the error wrong, it
    was "internal server error" not "cannot connect to server".

    Cheers,
    Thai

+ Reply to Thread