Skype workaround - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Skype workaround - Mandriva ; According to the 2009.0 Errata bote concerning webcam support in 2009.0, there is workaround for the lack of support from the gspca driver for Skype. Loadinged with: LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype is supposed to fix it. On my EEE PC901, running rc2, ...

  1. Skype workaround

    According to the 2009.0 Errata bote concerning webcam support in 2009.0, there is workaround for the lack of support from the gspca driver for Skype. Loadinged with:

    LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype

    is supposed to fix it. On my EEE PC901, running rc2, executing that command does cause the camera lamp to illuminate but the test picture remains blank. Was that supposed to be a comolete fix? If so does anyone know what I should do to complete the process?

  2. Re: Skype workaround

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > According to the 2009.0 Errata bote concerning webcam support in 2009.0,
    > there is workaround for the lack of support from the gspca driver for
    > Skype. Loadinged with:
    >
    > LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype
    >
    > is supposed to fix it. On my EEE PC901, running rc2, executing that
    > command does cause the camera lamp to illuminate but the test picture
    > remains blank. Was that supposed to be a comolete fix? If so does anyone
    > know what I should do to complete the process?

    Say CHEEEEEESE!

    You are a beta tester...

+ Reply to Thread