Watch your Cooker settings - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Watch your Cooker settings - Mandriva ; Just did an update to my cooker load. Received 9, 2009.1 updates. :-) You might try playing with DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=true in /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet Also would not hurt to add a carriage return on the end of line....

  1. Watch your Cooker settings

    Just did an update to my cooker load.

    Received 9, 2009.1 updates. :-)

    You might try playing with
    DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=true
    in /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet

    Also would not hurt to add a carriage return on the end of line.

  2. Re: Watch your Cooker settings

    On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:30:34 +0000 (UTC), Bit Twister wrote:
    > Just did an update to my cooker load.
    >
    > Received 9, 2009.1 updates. :-)
    >
    > You might try playing with
    > DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=true
    > in /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet
    >
    > Also would not hurt to add a carriage return on the end of line.

    Ok, cooker's 2009.0 did not have the lines

    # Globally enable or disable check for new distribution
    # (in order to offer live distro upgrade):
    # (default is "false", meaning check will be done)
    DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=false

    When I did the update this morning.

    Hard coded mirrors to official, ran updates again and received a
    /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet with the lines. Still needed the carriage
    return on the end of last line.

  3. Re: Watch your Cooker settings

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:30:34 +0000 (UTC), Bit Twister wrote:
    >> Just did an update to my cooker load.
    >>
    >> Received 9, 2009.1 updates. :-)
    >>
    >> You might try playing with
    >> DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=true
    >> in /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet
    >>
    >> Also would not hurt to add a carriage return on the end of line.

    > Ok, cooker's 2009.0 did not have the lines
    >
    > # Globally enable or disable check for new distribution
    > # (in order to offer live distro upgrade):
    > # (default is "false", meaning check will be done)
    > DO_NOT_ASK_FOR_DISTRO_UPGRADE=false
    >
    > When I did the update this morning.
    >
    > Hard coded mirrors to official, ran updates again and received a
    > /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet with the lines. Still needed the carriage
    > return on the end of last line.

    But if, as we discussed, "cooker" is always "cooker", does that apply here?
    I suppose that it is the only occasion; a new official distro will have
    repositories at a different address.

    Yes, I am still a bit confused about that carriage return generally. I
    always put it in since a couple of program failures when I left it out:

    (a) list of podcast URLS: the bottom one was ignored if I omitted the
    ;
    (b) I am running a console reminder: http://www.hyborian.demon.co.uk/clcal/
    Displayed entries show the date only if the carriage return is omitted.

    But there are a few cases where it must be omitted - can't think of any at
    the moment. It indicates the end of the line.

    Doug.
    --
    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
    - Helen Keller

  4. Re: Watch your Cooker settings

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:30:27 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > But if, as we discussed, "cooker" is always "cooker", does that apply here?

    Just wanted to tell anyone who cares about the cooker load not having
    same /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet as production 2009.0 and 2008.1.

    And suggest adding the carriage return.

    I did a clean install of 2009.0, installed all updates, then
    fixed the carriage return.

    Noticed mdkapplet icon showing a down arrow.
    Right clicked it and it indicated a new stable release is available.
    Now what could that mean? Updates showed I was up to date on all
    installed packages.

    > I suppose that it is the only occasion; a new official distro will have
    > repositories at a different address.

    Yeah, but, new urpmi is using the $MIRRORLIST file to hunt down a mirror.
    Noticed cooker getting Europe mirrors instead of USA mirrors for me
    here in the USA. Was happy to see Official pulling updates from USA mirrors.

    > Yes, I am still a bit confused about that carriage return generally. I
    > always put it in since a couple of program failures when I left it out:

    Yep, same here for any ASCII file.

    > (a) list of podcast URLS: the bottom one was ignored if I omitted the
    >;
    > (b) I am running a console reminder: http://www.hyborian.demon.co.uk/clcal/
    > Displayed entries show the date only if the carriage return is omitted.

    How odd.

  5. Re: Watch your Cooker settings

    Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 00:30:27 +1100, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
    >>
    >> But if, as we discussed, "cooker" is always "cooker", does that apply
    >> here?

    > Just wanted to tell anyone who cares about the cooker load not having
    > same /etc/sysconfig/mdkapplet as production 2009.0 and 2008.1.
    >
    > And suggest adding the carriage return.
    >
    > I did a clean install of 2009.0, installed all updates, then
    > fixed the carriage return.
    >
    > Noticed mdkapplet icon showing a down arrow.
    > Right clicked it and it indicated a new stable release is available.
    > Now what could that mean? Updates showed I was up to date on all
    > installed packages.
    >
    >> I suppose that it is the only occasion; a new official distro will have
    >> repositories at a different address.

    > Yeah, but, new urpmi is using the $MIRRORLIST file to hunt down a mirror.
    > Noticed cooker getting Europe mirrors instead of USA mirrors for me
    > here in the USA. Was happy to see Official pulling updates from USA
    > mirrors.
    >
    >> Yes, I am still a bit confused about that carriage return generally. I
    >> always put it in since a couple of program failures when I left it out:

    > Yep, same here for any ASCII file.
    >

    >> (a) list of podcast URLS: the bottom one was ignored if I omitted the
    >>;
    >> (b) I am running a console reminder:
    >> http://www.hyborian.demon.co.uk/clcal/ Displayed entries show the date
    >> only if the carriage return is omitted.

    > How odd.

    Yes, the new blue "down arrow" was just installed on my 2008.1. Even apart
    from my recent experience, I haven't got the bandwidth to upgrade that way.
    I will make the same changes.

    Doug.
    --
    Who does the best his circumstance allows,
    Does well, acts nobly; angels could no more.

+ Reply to Thread