Mandriva 2009 questions - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Mandriva 2009 questions - Mandriva ; Does the 2009 release recognise more than ~ 900Mb when installed directly off of the CD? Is the ethernet / ipv6 speed issue resolved without changing the conf files post-install? TIA, Bill...

  1. Mandriva 2009 questions

    Does the 2009 release recognise more than ~ 900Mb when installed
    directly off of the CD?

    Is the ethernet / ipv6 speed issue resolved without changing the conf
    files post-install?

    TIA,

    Bill

  2. Re: Mandriva 2009 questions

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 23:38:38 -0400, Peaceful Bill wrote:

    > Does the 2009 release recognise more than ~ 900Mb when installed
    > directly off of the CD?

    I haven't tested any of the 2009 versions yet. According to
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_N...a_Linux_One.29
    it does.

    > Is the ethernet / ipv6 speed issue resolved without changing the conf
    > files post-install?

    According to
    http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Errata#IPv6_issues
    the conf files still have to be changed, which makes sense to me, as
    the ipv6 problem only affects certain routers and dsn servers.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Mandriva 2009 questions

    David W. Hodgins wrote:
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 23:38:38 -0400, Peaceful Bill wrote:
    >
    >> Does the 2009 release recognise more than ~ 900Mb when installed
    >> directly off of the CD?

    > I haven't tested any of the 2009 versions yet. According to
    > http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_N...a_Linux_One.29
    > it does.
    >
    >> Is the ethernet / ipv6 speed issue resolved without changing the conf
    >> files post-install?

    > According to
    > http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/2009.0_Errata#IPv6_issues
    > the conf files still have to be changed, which makes sense to me, as
    > the ipv6 problem only affects certain routers and dsn servers.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Thanks you.

  4. Re: Mandriva 2009 questions

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 22:38:38 -0500, Peaceful Bill wrote:

    > Does the 2009 release recognise more than ~ 900Mb when installed
    > directly off of the CD?

    The release notes say so.

    > Is the ethernet / ipv6 speed issue resolved without changing the conf
    > files post-install?

    There's no issue here that Mandriva can resolve. Mostly it's down to
    badly configured DNS servers.

    For most people, 99% of the pain is removed by setting

    network.dns.disableIPv6

    to "true" in Firefox.

+ Reply to Thread