Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009 - Mandriva ; Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please download via bittorrent and seed for the impending release. Best Regards Gireesh...

  1. Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please download
    via bittorrent and seed for the impending release.

    Best Regards
    Gireesh

  2. Re: Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:56:26 -0500, Gireesh Bhat wrote:

    > Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please
    > download via bittorrent and seed for the impending release.

    A direct link would be useful.

  3. Re: Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    Mark Madsen wrote:
    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:56:26 -0500, Gireesh Bhat wrote:
    >
    >> Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please
    >> download via bittorrent and seed for the impending release.

    > A direct link would be useful.

    I think the initial party is invitees only, or at least I seem to
    remember something of that nature when I was monitoring the Cooker
    forum a few years ago. Coordination, cross-checking md5sums, and
    other tiny details seem to work better that way.

    But if you become a beta tester for 2009.1, you can probably get
    in on the ground floor....

    Of course, if you simply want the address to get a personal copy,
    those will be announced when early seeding is completed. I have
    had better luck waiting until a few days after the release and then
    downloading, installing and updating. There are always a few glitches
    that make it past Beta into release, and this allows time for
    oh-my-g*d-we-forgat-to-do-THAT fixes to be in place.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  4. Re: Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    Mark Madsen wrote:

    > On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:56:26 -0500, Gireesh Bhat wrote:
    >
    >> Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please
    >> download via bittorrent and seed for the impending release.

    > A direct link would be useful.

    http://club.mandriva.com/xwiki/bin/v...s/EarlySeeders

  5. Re: Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:46:51 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:

    > Mark Madsen wrote:
    >> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:56:26 -0500, Gireesh Bhat wrote:
    >>
    >>> Mandriva 2009 torrents are now available to early seeders. Please
    >>> download via bittorrent and seed for the impending release.

    >> A direct link would be useful.

    > I think the initial party is invitees only, or at least I seem to
    > remember something of that nature when I was monitoring the Cooker forum
    > a few years ago. Coordination, cross-checking md5sums, and other tiny
    > details seem to work better that way.

    Indeed.

    The link given in Amund's post says:

    "The idea here is to form a group of members who volunteer to act as
    torrent seeders for a few weeks following releases, and to help the
    initial flood of demand. Early seeders will be given slightly early
    access to releases so they can download them and be in a position to seed
    them as soon as the release announcement is made. Early seeders can
    enroll from this page only a few days before each official release."

    However, there is no obvious way to enroll from that page.

    I'm so far failing to understand why Gireesh Bhat posted the announcement
    to Usenet if the only people who can act on the announcement are already
    signed up.

  6. Re: Early Seeders - Mandriva 2009

    "Mark Madsen" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:46:51 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:
    >
    >> Mark Madsen wrote:
    >>> On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:56:26 -0500, Gireesh Bhat wrote:
    >>>

    > I'm so far failing to understand why Gireesh Bhat posted the announcement
    > to Usenet if the only people who can act on the announcement are already
    > signed up.

    I posted here incase some early seeders "did not check their email/did not
    receive the email/email went to junk folder" and would see the announcement
    here. Never hurts to get the announcement out. Seeding is essential during a
    release.
    Also, now people reading this newsgroup not aware of the early seeding (like
    you) can also sign up for the early seeding the next time and help out
    during the release.

    Best Regards
    Gireesh

+ Reply to Thread