OT-Firefox crash - Mandriva

This is a discussion on OT-Firefox crash - Mandriva ; Iordani wrote: > Following link can be found on www.spaceweather.com . > In the article about 'incoming asteriod' there is a link to NASA (3D-orbit) > > Link address is > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1 > > It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop ...

  1. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    Iordani wrote:
    > Following link can be found on www.spaceweather.com.
    > In the article about 'incoming asteriod' there is a link to NASA (3D-orbit)
    >
    > Link address is
    > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1
    >
    > It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop responding every time a try it. I'm
    > using MD 2008.0. Anyone else experiencing this?
    >
    > I'm using NoScript but get same result with this inactivated.

    Hi Lordani.

    The following will fix it.
    I downloaded Flash 10 rpm from Adobe.
    First used package manager to remove Adobe 9 and libflashsupport.
    Clicked on the Flash 10 rpm to install it.
    Done.

    Don.

  2. OT-Firefox crash

    Following link can be found on www.spaceweather.com.
    In the article about 'incoming asteriod' there is a link to NASA (3D-orbit)

    Link address is
    http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1

    It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop responding every time a try it. I'm
    using MD 2008.0. Anyone else experiencing this?

    I'm using NoScript but get same result with this inactivated.

  3. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    Hello, Iordani a écrit dans

    > Link address is
    > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1
    >
    > It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop responding every time a try it. I'm
    > using MD 2008.0. Anyone else experiencing this?

    I got the same problem today
    You should wait a little bit more.
    It's a java applet, but the data download is long.
    Wait, and it will be fine.
    --
    Pierre.
    Mes photographies : http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pierre.pallier

  4. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 22:51:19 +0200, Iordani wrote:
    > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1
    >
    > It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop responding every time a try it. I'm
    > using MD 2008.0. Anyone else experiencing this?

    Yep, firefox 3.0.3 locks up also.

    Going to guess it is a totem-plugin-viewer problem.

    $ cat /etc/release

  5. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    Pierre Pallier wrote:

    > I got the same problem today
    > You should wait a little bit more.
    > It's a java applet, but the data download is long.
    > Wait, and it will be fine.

    Thanks.
    I waited 4 mins. and during this time 'top' shows mozilla using 100% of the
    CPU. Then I get a 'failed to connect to server' message and then the
    diagrams shows up. Hm...

  6. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    Iordani wrote:

    > Following link can be found on www.spaceweather.com.
    > In the article about 'incoming asteriod' there is a link to NASA
    > (3D-orbit)
    >
    > Link address is
    > http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20TC3;orb=1
    >
    > It causes Firefox 2.0.0.17 to stop responding every time a try it. I'm
    > using MD 2008.0. Anyone else experiencing this?
    >
    > I'm using NoScript but get same result with this inactivated.

    For me, it opened a small Java window behind the Firefox window. When I
    killed Firefox, the Java window remained. I tried it in Konqueror, but got
    a text version only, even when I clicked on the link to play it. Probably
    Konqueror wasn't configured correctly.

    I haven't tried Don's fix, but it seems that it works. FWIW, another
    (gaming) site refused to play Flash under Linux, but kept redirecting me to
    Adobe's download page. Presumably it couldn't detect Flash for Windows.
    That makes some sense, considering that it hosted Windows games.

    HTH,

    Doug.
    --
    Whenever there's a will, you'll see an heir loom.
    -- Genealogy site.

  7. Re: OT-Firefox crash

    Iordani wrote:

    > Pierre Pallier wrote:
    >

    >> I got the same problem today
    >> You should wait a little bit more.
    >> It's a java applet, but the data download is long.
    >> Wait, and it will be fine.

    > Thanks.
    > I waited 4 mins. and during this time 'top' shows mozilla using 100% of
    > the
    > CPU. Then I get a 'failed to connect to server' message and then the
    > diagrams shows up. Hm...

    Just FYI.
    When I now open the link it just takes 5-10 secs. before the 3D diagram
    shows up as it should. So, no crash after all, just some irregular
    behaviour.

    Thanks all

+ Reply to Thread