Debian to Mandriva translation needed - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Debian to Mandriva translation needed - Mandriva ; I am trying to get some help from Brother. There tech support has invited me to return logs from several command lines. Unfortunately using the debian program dkpg. They are: dkpg -l | grep Brother dkpg -l | grep gimp ...

  1. Debian to Mandriva translation needed

    I am trying to get some help from Brother. There tech support has invited me
    to return logs from several command lines. Unfortunately using the debian
    program dkpg. They are:

    dkpg -l | grep Brother
    dkpg -l | grep gimp
    dkpg -l | grep sane-utils

    There are others but they are not unique to debian. Can someone tell me
    what to use instead of dkpg. If I could have identified what it was
    searching, I could have worked it out for myself!

  2. Re: Debian to Mandriva translation needed

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I am trying to get some help from Brother. There tech support has invited
    > me to return logs from several command lines. Unfortunately using the
    > debian program dkpg. They are:
    >
    > dkpg -l | grep Brother
    > dkpg -l | grep gimp
    > dkpg -l | grep sane-utils
    >
    > There are others but they are not unique to debian. Can someone tell me
    > what to use instead of dkpg. If I could have identified what it was
    > searching, I could have worked it out for myself!

    I believe that they are asking what packages you have installed. Try:

    rpm -qa | grep Brother

    etc.

    Jim

  3. Re: Debian to Mandriva translation needed

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I am trying to get some help from Brother. There tech support has invited
    > me to return logs from several command lines. Unfortunately using the
    > debian program dkpg. They are:
    >
    > dkpg -l | grep Brother
    > dkpg -l | grep gimp
    > dkpg -l | grep sane-utils
    >
    > There are others but they are not unique to debian. Can someone tell me
    > what to use instead of dkpg. If I could have identified what it was
    > searching, I could have worked it out for myself!

    They didn't do that to me, Alan, but from memory, the logs they asked for
    didn't involve package names. Tell them you are using a RPM distro.

    I have dpkg installed (it was a dependency of alien,) and man dpkg says:

    dpkg -l | --list package-name-pattern ...
    List packages matching given pattern.

    So Jim's equivalent should be correct.

    Doug.
    --
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
    accepting it.

+ Reply to Thread