nvidia driver for mandriva 2009? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on nvidia driver for mandriva 2009? - Mandriva ; All: I have a x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver that works great with my old TNT Riva video card in Mandriva 2008. I can adjust the screen to 1280x1024 with it; but, not with the default nv driver. I tried to make the ...

  1. nvidia driver for mandriva 2009?

    All:
    I have a x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver that works great with my
    old TNT Riva video card in Mandriva 2008. I can adjust the screen to
    1280x1024 with it; but, not with the default nv driver.
    I tried to make the x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx work with Mandiriva
    2009 rc2 but to no avail. Will any x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver
    work with 2009?
    --
    Keith

  2. Re: nvidia driver for mandriva 2009?

    Keith Lee wrote:

    > All:
    > I have a x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver that works great with my
    > old TNT Riva video card in Mandriva 2008. I can adjust the screen to
    > 1280x1024 with it; but, not with the default nv driver.
    > I tried to make the x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx work with Mandiriva
    > 2009 rc2 but to no avail. Will any x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver
    > work with 2009?

    There is a suitable driver in the non-free repositories for 2009. Set them
    up as for 2008.

    The present releases are free software only. Although nVidia drivers are
    without cost, they are not open source.

    HTH,

    Doug.
    --
    A lifetime warranty is a fascinating thing. It means that the warranty
    expires the moment the item breaks down.

  3. Re: nvidia driver for mandriva 2009?

    Keith Lee wrote:
    > I have a x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver that works great with my
    > old TNT Riva video card in Mandriva 2008. I can adjust the screen to
    > 1280x1024 with it; but, not with the default nv driver.
    > I tried to make the x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx work with Mandiriva
    > 2009 rc2 but to no avail. Will any x11-driver-video-nvidia71xx driver
    > work with 2009?

    Have you tried the nVidia driver install package? Depending on your
    card, you may need the legacy package. If it has to compile the
    drivers, you will have to install the kernel devel package for the
    exact kernel you have running

    Also, did you try using mcc -> hardware -> set up the graphical
    server? That has worked quite well with my AMD 64-bi athlon machine
    running 2008.1, Soyo generic 19" LCD display. I just went through
    the exercise to see if updates had messed with anything, but apart
    from downloading drivers for more monitors that than I have ever
    looked at it worked fine.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --