Quanta Plus crashes on launch - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Quanta Plus crashes on launch - Mandriva ; Quanta plus launches on crash. i ran it through konsole... [sindhu@localhost ~]$ quanta quanta: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/sindhu/tmp/ kde-sindhu/quanta/quantaXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing... what can be done about this?...

  1. Quanta Plus crashes on launch

    Quanta plus launches on crash.
    i ran it through konsole...

    [sindhu@localhost ~]$ quanta
    quanta: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/sindhu/tmp/
    kde-sindhu/quanta/quantaXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied
    KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...

    what can be done about this?

  2. Re: Quanta Plus crashes on launch

    On Thursday 02 October 2008 12:45, someone identifying as *Sindhu* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > Quanta plus launches on crash.
    > i ran it through konsole...
    >
    > [sindhu@localhost ~]$ quanta
    > quanta: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/sindhu/tmp/
    > kde-sindhu/quanta/quantaXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied
    > KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...

    The clue is in the error message, i.e. "permission denied"

    > what can be done about this?

    Make sure you have write permission. :-)

    I am taking going to take a wild guess here and presume that you've
    installed everything in one partition, and that this partition has
    an /ext3/ filesystem. And to continue my guess, I presume that your system
    was not shut down properly, leaving you now with a read-only filesystem.

    If the above does not apply to you, check the permissions and ownership of
    the directory */home/sindhu/tmp/kde-sindhu/quanta,* because it may have
    been set up wrongly. If on the other hand it is a symbolic link to a
    directory in */tmp,* then make sure that */tmp* is set with 1777
    permissions.

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: Quanta Plus crashes on launch

    On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 03:45:23 -0700 (PDT), Sindhu wrote:
    > Quanta plus launches on crash.
    > i ran it through konsole...
    >
    > [sindhu@localhost ~]$ quanta
    > quanta: WARNING: KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/sindhu/tmp/
    > kde-sindhu/quanta/quantaXXXXXX.tmp: Permission denied
    > KCrash: Application 'quanta' crashing...

    click up a terminal
    su - root
    chown -R sindhu:sindhu /home/sindhu/tmp/
    chmod 700 /home/sindhu/tmp/
    exit
    quanta

+ Reply to Thread