[Mandriva 2009] Dns problem (I guess) - Mandriva

This is a discussion on [Mandriva 2009] Dns problem (I guess) - Mandriva ; I've moved to Mdv2009 on my dual core laptop. The internet connection to my router (both with ethernet and wifi) was perfectly running, but, when I've tried to set up the vpn (with vpnc), I've probably changed something. Now I've ...

  1. [Mandriva 2009] Dns problem (I guess)

    I've moved to Mdv2009 on my dual core laptop.
    The internet connection to my router (both with
    ethernet and wifi) was perfectly running, but,
    when I've tried to set up the vpn (with vpnc),
    I've probably changed something.

    Now I've uninstalled all the vpn stuffs,
    but the problem is still there.

    In fact, the connection is active, but
    if I try to open a browser no website
    can be reached, although if I type
    in a terminal ping followed by an IP
    address, something happens.

    I guess this is a dns problem, but
    my resolv.conf is a symbolic link
    to another file which is (still) a link
    to the original file.

    I've tried to manually change this
    file and put there two working dns
    files, but nothing new happens.

    Any idea about that?

  2. Re: [Mandriva 2009] Dns problem (I guess)

    On Thursday 02 October 2008 09:08, someone identifying as *Alessandro* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > I've moved to Mdv2009 on my dual core laptop.
    > The internet connection to my router (both with
    > ethernet and wifi) was perfectly running, but,
    > when I've tried to set up the vpn (with vpnc),
    > I've probably changed something.
    >
    > Now I've uninstalled all the vpn stuffs,
    > but the problem is still there.
    >
    > In fact, the connection is active, but
    > if I try to open a browser no website
    > can be reached, although if I type
    > in a terminal ping followed by an IP
    > address, something happens.
    >
    > I guess this is a dns problem, but
    > my resolv.conf is a symbolic link
    > to another file which is (still) a link
    > to the original file.
    >
    > I've tried to manually change this
    > file and put there two working dns
    > files, but nothing new happens.
    >
    > Any idea about that?

    You may need to...

    service network restart

    .... before it takes effect. You'll need to be root in order to do that.

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: Dns problem (I guess)

    It works!

    Thanks a lot.

    Alessandro

    On Oct 2, 7:32*am, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Thursday 02 October 2008 09:08, someone identifying as *Alessandro* wrote
    > in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >

    > > I've moved to Mdv2009 on my dual core laptop.
    > > The internet connection to my router (both with
    > > ethernet and wifi) was perfectly running, but,
    > > when I've tried to set up the vpn (with vpnc),
    > > I've probably changed something.

    > > Now I've uninstalled all the vpn stuffs,
    > > but the problem is still there.

    > > In fact, the connection is active, but
    > > if I try to open a browser no website
    > > can be reached, although if I type
    > > in a terminal ping followed by an IP
    > > address, something happens.

    > > I guess this is a dns problem, but
    > > my resolv.conf is a symbolic link
    > > to another file which is (still) a link
    > > to the original file.

    > > I've tried to manually change this
    > > file and put there two working dns
    > > files, but nothing new happens.

    > > Any idea about that?

    > You may need to...
    >
    > * * * * service network restart
    >
    > ... before it takes effect. *You'll need to be root in order to do that..
    >
    > --
    > *Aragorn*
    > (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

+ Reply to Thread