Open office view problem - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Open office view problem - Mandriva ; kde 3.5.9 mandriva 2008.1 When I try to start up oo-impress I get a screen that says OpenOffice .org Docement Recovery Press start recovery to start the recovery process. It then trys to recover files I have long ago deleted ...

  1. Open office view problem

    kde 3.5.9
    mandriva 2008.1

    When I try to start up oo-impress I get a screen that says
    OpenOffice .org Docement Recovery
    Press start recovery to start the recovery process.
    It then trys to recover files I have long ago deleted
    and then comes up with a finish button.
    When I click on it I get about a 1 second flash on the
    screen of some document I want to view and then its gone.
    Any idea's how to fix this?
    Tia,Dale

  2. Re: Open office view problem

    Dale wrote:
    > kde 3.5.9
    > mandriva 2008.1

    I'm looking at mandriva 2009, kde 4.1 & rpmdrake.

    > When I try to start up oo-impress I get a screen that says
    > OpenOffice .org Docement Recovery
    > Press start recovery to start the recovery process.
    > It then trys to recover files I have long ago deleted
    > and then comes up with a finish button.
    > When I click on it I get about a 1 second flash on the
    > screen of some document I want to view and then its gone.

    I would want to reinstall OO or at least oo-impress, but I don't see a
    reinstall function in rpmdrake, like synaptic's 'mark for
    reinstallation' -- so I guess you have to remove it -- oo-impress - and
    reinstall it.

    > Any idea's how to fix this?

    There is probably something that you can fix by opening OO, but I don't
    know how to do it.

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: Open office view problem

    Dale wrote:

    > kde 3.5.9
    > mandriva 2008.1
    >
    > When I try to start up oo-impress I get a screen that says
    > OpenOffice .org Docement Recovery
    > Press start recovery to start the recovery process.
    > It then trys to recover files I have long ago deleted
    > and then comes up with a finish button.
    > When I click on it I get about a 1 second flash on the
    > screen of some document I want to view and then its gone.
    > Any idea's how to fix this?
    > Tia,Dale

    Greetings
    This usually occurs if you close the computer with a document still open.
    Try closing any document in OOffice before you close the computer.
    You have a "Recent Documents" in the "File menu" if you wish to reopen a
    recent document, so there is no need to leave the document open.
    If you leave OOffice "open" without an open document, it will automatically
    reopen in the same desktop you left it, after rebooting or re-starting your
    computer.
    Hope this assists
    --
    Rgds.
    Edward

  4. Re: Open office view problem

    Dale wrote:

    > kde 3.5.9
    > mandriva 2008.1
    >
    > When I try to start up oo-impress I get a screen that says
    > OpenOffice .org Docement Recovery
    > Press start recovery to start the recovery process.
    > It then trys to recover files I have long ago deleted
    > and then comes up with a finish button.
    > When I click on it I get about a 1 second flash on the
    > screen of some document I want to view and then its gone.
    > Any idea's how to fix this?

    In your home directory rename the directory .ooo-2.0 to something like
    old.ooo-2.0 and then restart open office.

    --
    sid
    RLU 300284

+ Reply to Thread