Microphone vs FlashPLayer - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Microphone vs FlashPLayer - Mandriva ; Hello, Has someone used "Linux microphone" under FlashPlayer (9)? I use OpenMeetings : I can hear sound but the other persons in the video-conference doesn't hear me... I can select "Linux microphone" in FlashPlayer parameters. I've played with kmix, asound ...

  1. Microphone vs FlashPLayer

    Hello,

    Has someone used "Linux microphone" under FlashPlayer (9)?
    I use OpenMeetings : I can hear sound but the other persons in the
    video-conference doesn't hear me...
    I can select "Linux microphone" in FlashPlayer parameters. I've played
    with kmix, asound etc...
    I've this problem on 2 PC (Mandriva 2008.1 and 2009 RC2).
    I've read that FlashPlayer exclusively use ALSA (I use ALSA too...)

    Have someone an idea?

    thanks! :-)

    Fabien

  2. Re: Microphone vs FlashPLayer

    Fabien wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Has someone used "Linux microphone" under FlashPlayer (9)?
    > I use OpenMeetings : I can hear sound but the other persons in the
    > video-conference doesn't hear me...
    > I can select "Linux microphone" in FlashPlayer parameters. I've played
    > with kmix, asound etc...
    > I've this problem on 2 PC (Mandriva 2008.1 and 2009 RC2).
    > I've read that FlashPlayer exclusively use ALSA (I use ALSA too...)
    >
    > Have someone an idea?
    >

    > thanks! :-)
    >
    > Fabien

    Try another application using alsa. Something like ekiga or skype. If they
    work, than your flashplayer application should work too.

    Have a look in kmix. If mic record is not enable, other won't heard your
    voice.

  3. Re: Microphone vs FlashPLayer

    Amrein-Marie Christophe a écrit :
    > Fabien wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Has someone used "Linux microphone" under FlashPlayer (9)?
    >> I use OpenMeetings : I can hear sound but the other persons in the
    >> video-conference doesn't hear me...
    >> I can select "Linux microphone" in FlashPlayer parameters. I've played
    >> with kmix, asound etc...
    >> I've this problem on 2 PC (Mandriva 2008.1 and 2009 RC2).
    >> I've read that FlashPlayer exclusively use ALSA (I use ALSA too...)
    >>
    >> Have someone an idea?
    >>

    >> thanks! :-)
    >>
    >> Fabien

    > Try another application using alsa. Something like ekiga or skype. If they
    > work, than your flashplayer application should work too.
    >
    > Have a look in kmix. If mic record is not enable, other won't heard your
    > voice.

    Y're right, I also have problem with ALSA under Audacity : I can record
    sound from my microphone once, when I want to restart record, I have an
    error (can't access to device)...

  4. Re: Microphone vs FlashPLayer

    Fabien wrote:

    > Amrein-Marie Christophe a écrit :
    >> Fabien wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Has someone used "Linux microphone" under FlashPlayer (9)?
    >>> I use OpenMeetings : I can hear sound but the other persons in the
    >>> video-conference doesn't hear me...
    >>> I can select "Linux microphone" in FlashPlayer parameters. I've played
    >>> with kmix, asound etc...
    >>> I've this problem on 2 PC (Mandriva 2008.1 and 2009 RC2).
    >>> I've read that FlashPlayer exclusively use ALSA (I use ALSA too...)
    >>>
    >>> Have someone an idea?
    >>>

    >>> thanks! :-)
    >>>
    >>> Fabien

    >> Try another application using alsa. Something like ekiga or skype. If
    >> they work, than your flashplayer application should work too.
    >>
    >> Have a look in kmix. If mic record is not enable, other won't heard your
    >> voice.

    > Y're right, I also have problem with ALSA under Audacity : I can record
    > sound from my microphone once, when I want to restart record, I have an
    > error (can't access to device)...

    With the Pulse Audio plugin (Mandriva default in 2008.1) ?

    Audacity ? I don't use this tool.

+ Reply to Thread