Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580? - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580? - Mandriva ; All: I notice that this particular HP all in one is not included in any of the Linux Printing databases and/or websites. Does anyone know of any drivers or workarounds for this HP printer/scanner/copier/fax? Thank you. Keith...

  1. Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580?

    All:
    I notice that this particular HP all in one is not included in any of
    the Linux Printing databases and/or websites. Does anyone know of any
    drivers or workarounds for this HP printer/scanner/copier/fax? Thank
    you.

    Keith

  2. Re: Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580?

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:25:01 -0400, cmarvel@nethere.com wrote:

    > I notice that this particular HP all in one is not included in any of
    > the Linux Printing databases and/or websites. Does anyone know of any

    The HP J4580 is listed as having been added at
    http://sourceforge.net/project/shown...ease_id=608417

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

  3. Re: Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580?

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:47:09 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:25:01 -0400, cmarvel@nethere.com
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I notice that this particular HP all in one is not included in any of
    >> the Linux Printing databases and/or websites. Does anyone know of any

    > The HP J4580 is listed as having been added at
    > http://sourceforge.net/project/shown...ease_id=608417
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins

    Dave:
    Thanks anyway; but, I only have dialup and cannot take the time to download
    all of the devel files in order to install and compile the HPLIP tarball. Is there a
    simpler way for me to download or get the printer and scanner drivers for my
    new HP J4580?

    Keith Lee

    --
    Keith

  4. Re: Linux printer and scanner drivers for HP J4580?

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:46:30 -0400, Keith Lee wrote:

    > Thanks anyway; but, I only have dialup and cannot take the time to download
    > all of the devel files in order to install and compile the HPLIP tarball. Is there a
    > simpler way for me to download or get the printer and scanner drivers for my
    > new HP J4580?

    I've often used "wget -c", or "urpmi --resume", so I can interrupt a download
    to use the phone, and resume from where the download left off.

    Anyway, is your system a 686?

    My switch from dialup to dsl wasn't supposed to happen till Monday, but I noticed
    that the dsl light on the modem lit up yesterday, so I'm now on dsl.

    I downloaded the tarball, and did the ./configure and make, after installing
    the needed devel libraries. I've uploaded the result to
    http://www.ody.ca/~dwhodgins/hplip-2.8.9.tar.bz2
    so you should be able to download that (16M), extract it, and just run the
    sudo make install.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins