konqueror startup behavior - Mandriva

This is a discussion on konqueror startup behavior - Mandriva ; When konqueror starts up it goes to 2 web pages both are mandriva pages, i have set my home page to google but that doesnt stop it, how do i get these 2 pages to not come up? Thanks Eric...

  1. konqueror startup behavior

    When konqueror starts up it goes to 2 web pages both are mandriva pages, i
    have set my home page to google but that doesnt stop it, how do i get these
    2 pages to not come up?
    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: konqueror startup behavior

    On Sunday 28 September 2008 02:43, someone identifying as *Eric* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > When konqueror starts up it goes to 2 web pages both are mandriva pages, i
    > have set my home page to google but that doesnt stop it, how do i get
    > these 2 pages to not come up?

    Do you mean that when Konqueror starts up, it starts with two tabs opened,
    and that neither is your home page? If that is the case, then most likely
    you have saved the viewprofile as the default when both those pages were
    opened.

    So what you need to do is close the second tab and click the "Home" button.
    This will take you to the Google homepage. Now click "Settings" in the
    Konqueror menu and then select "Save viewprofile", and overwrite the
    "webbrowsing" profile.

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: konqueror startup behavior

    Aragorn wrote:

    > On Sunday 28 September 2008 02:43, someone identifying as *Eric* wrote
    > in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >
    >> When konqueror starts up it goes to 2 web pages both are mandriva pages,
    >> i have set my home page to google but that doesnt stop it, how do i get
    >> these 2 pages to not come up?

    > Do you mean that when Konqueror starts up, it starts with two tabs opened,
    > and that neither is your home page? If that is the case, then most likely
    > you have saved the viewprofile as the default when both those pages were
    > opened.
    >
    > So what you need to do is close the second tab and click the "Home"
    > button.
    > This will take you to the Google homepage. Now click "Settings" in the
    > Konqueror menu and then select "Save viewprofile", and overwrite the
    > "webbrowsing" profile.

    No, what i mean is, and sorry for not being clear, is that one tab opens
    up "/usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html", then about 3 seconds later it opens a
    web page at "http://www.mandriva.com/en/community/start"
    And then it stays there until i click the home button, which then takes me
    to google.

    I tried your solution just the same, (several times), it doesnt work. But i
    think you are on to something, Konqueror was coming up in some foreign
    language Mandriva, i have not been able to set it to "Simple Browser" and
    have it come back up that way once i close and reopen it. I'm thinking it
    might be better to find and hand edit the konqueror config file(s) and try
    that.

    If it were any other pages (than Mandriva ) popping up like this I would
    confidently proclaim I was infected by a virus, but i think this is just a
    konqueror bug. Also, the method you would use to select a profile is not at
    all obvious, in fact it makes no sense, Where is something like "Select
    Default Profile" to use, and a place to say "Ok, yup, use this one" like an
    OK button.
    Thanks
    Eric

+ Reply to Thread