Heads up...troll alert - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Heads up...troll alert - Mandriva ; Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but if you see any ...

  1. Heads up...troll alert

    Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    --
    Do you twitter? http://twitter.com
    Do you want to be a cranky geek? http://www.crankygeeks.com/

  2. Re: Heads up...troll alert

    On Saturday 27 September 2008 02:31, someone identifying as *JohnTheGeek*
    wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    > trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    > way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    > if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    > and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    > reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    It would have been nice if you had provided us with his headers, so as to
    crosscheck whenever he shows up here... ;-)

    However, it's been a long time since we've had to deal with any Wintendo
    shills in here. We're quite capable of driving them away with their tails
    between their legs when they show up, so bring 'em on... p

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: [OT] Heads up...troll alert

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 00:31:33 +0000 (UTC), JohnTheGeek wrote:
    > Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    > trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    > way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    > if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    > and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    > reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    The ubuntu regulars have allowed the screwballs to pretty much trash
    their news group. Noise level in that group is high enough for me to
    all most not bother reading the news group let alone try to help
    newbies.

    I currently have 17 "Score: =-9999" kills in my kill file for ubuntu.

    The profanities is a good reason to get his Internet access terminated.
    For that to happen, ALL the regulars need to copy the post, header/body,
    and report him to ISP abuse dept.

    That only works when everyone does it, and the abuse dept finally
    figures out it would be worth their time to slap D. Eth around a bit.

    Only other option is everyone needs to quit responding to a troll
    and tell any troll responders to not reply to the troll.

    --
    http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Microsoft

  4. Re: Heads up...troll alert

    Aragorn wrote:

    > On Saturday 27 September 2008 02:31, someone identifying as *JohnTheGeek*
    > wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >
    >> Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    >> trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    >> way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    >> if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    >> and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    >> reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    > It would have been nice if you had provided us with his headers, so as to
    > crosscheck whenever he shows up here... ;-)
    >
    > However, it's been a long time since we've had to deal with any Wintendo
    > shills in here. We're quite capable of driving them away with their tails
    > between their legs when they show up, so bring 'em on... p

    The headers:

    From: "D. Eth"
    Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: hey alias
    Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:45:32 -0400

    HTH

    C.

  5. Re: Heads up...troll alert

    JohnTheGeek wrote:

    > Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    > trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    > way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    > if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    > and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    > reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    It's already plonked, just after reading it's first post.

    Thank's for the info. But if it get's on here I'll not be able to see it
    anymore...

    FEED THE TROLLS!

    Ciao @+

  6. Re: Heads up...troll alert

    On Saturday 27 September 2008 07:34, someone identifying as *Christopher
    Hunter* wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > Aragorn wrote:
    >
    >> On Saturday 27 September 2008 02:31, someone identifying as *JohnTheGeek*
    >> wrote in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >>
    >>> Hey folks, there's a really stupid idiot who calls himself D. Eth
    >>> trolling the ubuntu news group. I don't know if he's found his
    >>> way here yet or if he's infilitrated the other linux groups, but
    >>> if you see any of his posts be warned, he's a Vista shill
    >>> and apparently hates Linux but can't give any meaningful
    >>> reasons except to spout profanities at all the regulars.

    >> It would have been nice if you had provided us with his headers, so as to
    >> crosscheck whenever he shows up here... ;-)
    >>
    >> However, it's been a long time since we've had to deal with any Wintendo
    >> shills in here. We're quite capable of driving them away with their
    >> tails between their legs when they show up, so bring 'em on... p
    >>

    > The headers:
    >
    > From: "D. Eth"
    > Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    > Subject: hey alias
    > Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:45:32 -0400

    Hmm... As was to be expected, he uses aioe.org, which hides his sender
    IP... :-/ Guess we'll have to go by the message then in order to identify
    him as the troll in question if he shows up here, rather than by the
    headers.

    Oh well, shouldn't be too hard... ;-)

    --
    *Aragorn*