Password Manager - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Password Manager - Mandriva ; My memory is getting like that describer by Lewis Carrol in "Through the Looking-Glass": His answer trickled through my head Like water through a sieve. So I am looking for a good password manager for KDE. I have several times ...

  1. Password Manager

    My memory is getting like that describer by Lewis Carrol in "Through the
    Looking-Glass":

    His answer trickled through my head
    Like water through a sieve.

    So I am looking for a good password manager for KDE. I have several times
    tried (and uninstalled) Windoze's (oops - I mean KDE's - same thing: the
    computer is in control) KWalletManager several times. I don't need to have
    my Kmail password in it, yet every time I start Kmail I have to spend
    several minutes explaining that. Nothing else can be saved in it
    conveniently. I don't really like the GTK widget set, but functionality
    comes first. I use Gedit in a Konsole to avoid screenfuls of error
    messages about missing MIME types, and the consequent delay. Encryption
    would be an advantage, but most of my passwords are non-critical.

    Any suggestions, please?

    Doug.
    --
    I know I am getting crabby. The Black Dog is walking.

  2. Re: Password Manager

    On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 01:56:30 +1000, Doug Laidlaw wrote:

    > My memory is getting like that describer by Lewis Carrol in "Through the
    > Looking-Glass":
    >
    > His answer trickled through my head
    > Like water through a sieve.
    >
    > So I am looking for a good password manager for KDE. I have several
    > times tried (and uninstalled) Windoze's (oops - I mean KDE's - same
    > thing: the computer is in control) KWalletManager several times. I
    > don't need to have my Kmail password in it, yet every time I start Kmail
    > I have to spend several minutes explaining that. Nothing else can be
    > saved in it conveniently. I don't really like the GTK widget set, but
    > functionality comes first. I use Gedit in a Konsole to avoid screenfuls
    > of error messages about missing MIME types, and the consequent delay.
    > Encryption would be an advantage, but most of my passwords are
    > non-critical.
    >
    > Any suggestions, please?
    >
    > Doug.

    Googled "kde password manager" and came up with these:

    Figaro's Password Manager 2 - submitted 9/8/2008
    http://www.gtk-apps.org/content/show.php/show.php?
    content=88549&vote=bad&tan=71434773&PHPSESSID=a6d288de835bb5584ff88fbb7cc4a02f

    PwManager - dowsn't look like it's been updated since 2005
    http://extragear.kde.org/apps/pwmanager/

    Kpasman - hasn't been updated since 2002
    http://kpasman.sourceforge.net/

    KeePassX
    http://www.keepassx.org/
    http://canllaith.org/2008/09/14/pass...with-keepassx/