    Can anyone point me to where I can read up how this implementation is
    supposed to be used?

  2. Re: Bluetooth

    On 2008-09-17, Alan Secker wrote:
    > I wanted to test the bluetooth facilities in Mandriva last night but could
    > not find any instructions. The tools | System Tools submenu showed two
    > identically named items including the word monitor and one containing the
    > word server. One of the monitors seemed to 'see' my wife's Nokia and the
    > Nokia reported 'localhost-0'. beyond reading somewhere that the passcode
    > for the Nokia was 0000, I managed nothing at all.
    >
    > Can anyone point me to where I can read up how this implementation is
    > supposed to be used?

    The Mandriva packages involved are bluez-utils gnome-bleutooth and
    kdebluetooth. A few months ago I had my mobile phone and computer happily
    exchanging files, but when I tried again just now it doesn't work. Hmmm.
    Perhaps an 'update' or other action broke something?

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

  3. Re: Bluetooth

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2008-09-17, Alan Secker wrote:
    >> I wanted to test the bluetooth facilities in Mandriva last night but could
    >> not find any instructions. The tools | System Tools submenu showed two
    >> identically named items including the word monitor and one containing the
    >> word server. One of the monitors seemed to 'see' my wife's Nokia and the
    >> Nokia reported 'localhost-0'. beyond reading somewhere that the passcode
    >> for the Nokia was 0000, I managed nothing at all.
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me to where I can read up how this implementation is
    >> supposed to be used?

    > The Mandriva packages involved are bluez-utils gnome-bleutooth and
    > kdebluetooth. A few months ago I had my mobile phone and computer happily
    > exchanging files, but when I tried again just now it doesn't work. Hmmm.
    > Perhaps an 'update' or other action broke something?

    I had the same anoying problem, beat my head aganst it for 2 weeks with
    nothing getting fixed

+ Reply to Thread