Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet - Mandriva ; Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1 All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local access is OK. ie: telnet mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25 Trying 76.160.150.91... telnet: connect to address 76.160.150.91: Connection refused telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

  1. Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet


    Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1

    All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    access is OK.

    ie:

    telnet mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25
    Trying 76.160.150.91...
    telnet: connect to address 76.160.150.91: Connection refused
    telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

    telnet localhost 25
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to jim.deesfantasyplace.com (127.0.0.1).
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 jim.deesfantasyplace.com ESMTP Postfix (2.5.1) (Mandriva Linux)
    ^]
    telnet> q
    Connection closed.

    All other ports are OK ( this is the DMZ host ).

    Per Mandriva notes, inet_interfaces = all, has been set in main.cf

    Any ideas on why I can't get any mail?



    --
    Fortune's real live weird band names #520:

    Pimps of Venus
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  2. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:32 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    >
    > Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1
    >
    > All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    > access is OK.


    > Any ideas on why I can't get any mail?


    First WAG, firewall or tcpwrappers blocking incoming attempts.

    Have you looked at /var/log/messages just after the telnet
    mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25 attempt.

    Show us contents of /etc/sysconfig/network, /etc/hosts.allow,
    /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts and your changes to main.cf.


  3. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:08:45 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:32 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    >>
    >> Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1
    >>
    >> All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    >> access is OK.

    >
    >> Any ideas on why I can't get any mail?

    >
    > First WAG, firewall or tcpwrappers blocking incoming attempts.


    No firewall working at present.
    >
    > Have you looked at /var/log/messages just after the telnet
    > mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25 attempt.


    Nothing there, unless accessed locally.

    >
    > Show us contents of /etc/sysconfig/network, /etc/hosts.allow,
    > /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts and your changes to
    > main.cf.


    host(s) files are not revelant... all other services work fine.
    however... host.deny exist but is empty, host.allow does not exist.

    main.cf changes are:

    mynetworks_style = host
    #delay_warning_time = 4h
    smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Mandriva
    Linux)
    unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
    smtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
    lmtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
    data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
    mydestination = deesfantasyplace.com,frightlinefx.org,whitby-
    jr.org,geekonthecheap.com
    myorigin = $mydomain
    inet_interfaces = all

    .................

    As a side note.... All worked fine under 2007.0, postfix 2.3.something.
    System ( 2008.1) was installed, not updated.

    Anything else that might be revelant?



    --
    Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer.
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  4. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:54:43 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:

    > As a side note.... All worked fine under 2007.0, postfix 2.3.something.


    Yes, constant security/feature improvements seem to break old working
    configuration settings.

    > System ( 2008.1) was installed, not updated.


    > however... host.deny exist but is empty, host.allow does not exist.


    If you deleted one, why not the other.

    As for main.cf
    For starters, I would conform to the examples wherever possible.
    I know spaces make it easier to read.

    > host(s) files are not revelant...


    Well, obviously you know more than I do. I will have to leave you
    to your troubleshooting.

    You may want to consider checking what each of your values are telling
    postfix what to do. I'll suggest starting here

    http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGU...#mydestination

  5. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:51:32 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:


    >
    >> host(s) files are not revelant...

    >
    > Well, obviously you know more than I do. I will have to leave you to
    > your troubleshooting.


    If that was the case I wouldn't have responded at all...

    I said that based on the fact that other services are working correctly,

    >
    > You may want to consider checking what each of your values are telling
    > postfix what to do. I'll suggest starting here
    >
    > http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGU...#mydestination


    I've looked over everything else I could find and will check the above,
    thanks!, the only item I could find that seems related was the
    inet_interface. Which I have modified, deleted and otherwise used in
    every manner possible.

    Right now I'm extremely frustrated, not being able to do, but very
    little, trouble shooting from the other side of the router.

    Again, thansk for the URL.





    --
    I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
    - Thomas Jefferson
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  6. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:04:30 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:51:32 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >>> host(s) files are not revelant...

    >>
    >> Well, obviously you know more than I do. I will have to leave you to
    >> your troubleshooting.

    >
    > If that was the case I wouldn't have responded at all...


    No, you would not have posted the question in the first place.

    > I said that based on the fact


    You need to read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-....html#symptoms

    > that other services are working correctly,


    BFD, that does not mean squat.

    At one time, I had my MUA return "mail.home.test Not Found" because I
    did not have a "search home.test" line in my /etc/resolv.conf
    yet all other services were working.

    People trying to diagnose/help you with your problem may be asking for
    information just to rule out other possibilities.

    You coming back with replies without the requested information may
    cause some subject matter experts to just sit back and watch you twist
    in the wind. Or worse, just put you in their kill file.


  7. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:53:49 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:


    >
    > People trying to diagnose/help you with your problem may be asking for
    > information just to rule out other possibilities.
    >
    > You coming back with replies without the requested information may cause
    > some subject matter experts to just sit back and watch you twist in the
    > wind. Or worse, just put you in their kill file.



    Sorry if I came across arrogrant. It was certaintly not my intent.




    --
    The big cities of America are becoming Third World countries.
    -- Nora Ephron
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  8. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    Jim Whitby wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:53:49 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >
    >
    >> People trying to diagnose/help you with your problem may be asking for
    >> information just to rule out other possibilities.
    >>
    >> You coming back with replies without the requested information may cause
    >> some subject matter experts to just sit back and watch you twist in the
    >> wind. Or worse, just put you in their kill file.

    >
    >
    > Sorry if I came across arrogrant. It was certaintly not my intent.


    I note you have not provided the information requested.

    FWIW, BitTwister knows more about mail and most other aspects of
    Linux than I expect to ever even suspect, much less learn. He does
    ask for information (wait until you get a request to run two or three
    of his scripts and provide the results), but there is a reason for
    it. If, of course, you want a seer or a fortune-teller to do the
    diagnostics on you machine, that is your choice. But this is the
    wrong Newsgroup for that.

    Cheers!

    jim b.

    --
    UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely
    expects users to be computer-friendly.

  9. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:08:45 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:32 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    >>
    >> Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1
    >>
    >> All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    >> access is OK.

    >
    >> Any ideas on why I can't get any mail?

    >
    > First WAG, firewall or tcpwrappers blocking incoming attempts.
    >
    > Have you looked at /var/log/messages just after the telnet
    > mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25 attempt.
    >
    > Show us contents of /etc/sysconfig/network, /etc/hosts.allow,
    > /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hosts and your changes to
    > main.cf.


    You are correct. Its been one of those days....

    cat /etc/sysconfig/network
    NETWORKING=yes
    HOSTNAME=jim.deesfantasyplace.com

    cat /etc/resolv.conf
    # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
    resolvconf(8)
    # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    search deesfantasyplace.com
    domain deesfantasyplace.com

    hosts.deny and hosts.allow are empty.

    Some recent changes to main.cf, so here it is again.

    mynetworks_style = host
    #delay_warning_time = 4h
    smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Mandriva
    Linux)
    unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450
    smtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
    lmtp-filter_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
    data_directory = /var/lib/postfix
    mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain
    myorigin = $mydomain
    proxy_interfaces = 76.160.150.91

    virtual_alias_domains = whitby-jr.org,geekonthecheap.com

    Did I miss anything?


    --
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    -- Mae West
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  10. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 21:07:27 -0400, Jim Beard wrote:

    > Jim Whitby wrote:
    >> On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:53:49 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> People trying to diagnose/help you with your problem may be asking for
    >>> information just to rule out other possibilities.
    >>>
    >>> You coming back with replies without the requested information may
    >>> cause some subject matter experts to just sit back and watch you twist
    >>> in the wind. Or worse, just put you in their kill file.

    >>
    >>
    >> Sorry if I came across arrogrant. It was certaintly not my intent.

    >
    > I note you have not provided the information requested.
    >
    > FWIW, BitTwister knows more about mail and most other aspects of Linux
    > than I expect to ever even suspect, much less learn. He does ask for
    > information (wait until you get a request to run two or three of his
    > scripts and provide the results), but there is a reason for it. If, of
    > course, you want a seer or a fortune-teller to do the diagnostics on you
    > machine, that is your choice. But this is the wrong Newsgroup for that.
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > jim b.


    yep... been one of those days... replied to wrong message...

    Yes you are correct, hope I've made my amends properly. If not let me
    know, I'll try again.




    --
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    -- Mae West
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  11. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:35:11 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    >
    > cat /etc/sysconfig/network
    > NETWORKING=yes
    > HOSTNAME=jim.deesfantasyplace.com


    Well, now we know it will not receive email based on $myhostname

    > cat /etc/resolv.conf
    > # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
    > resolvconf(8)
    > # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    >
    > nameserver 127.0.0.1
    > search deesfantasyplace.com
    > domain deesfantasyplace.com


    Ok, that indicates yet another player in the mix. You seem to have your own
    named server running.

    What does host mail.deesfantasyplace.com
    and host 76.160.150.91
    show?

    Does it match inet addr: seen in /sbin/ifconfig ?

    What does hostname show?

    > Some recent changes to main.cf, so here it is again.
    >
    > mynetworks_style = host
    > mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain


    Noticed you decided against my advice to follow examples and leave out
    the commas.

    > myorigin = $mydomain
    > proxy_interfaces = 76.160.150.91


    I wonder how postfix is going to know to listen on that interface.

    Have you read the last section of
    http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGU...ME.html#syntax

  12. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 02:45:22 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:35:11 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    >>
    >> cat /etc/sysconfig/network
    >> NETWORKING=yes
    >> HOSTNAME=jim.deesfantasyplace.com

    >
    > Well, now we know it will not receive email based on $myhostname
    >
    >> cat /etc/resolv.conf
    >> # Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by
    >> resolvconf(8)
    >> # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN
    >>
    >> nameserver 127.0.0.1
    >> search deesfantasyplace.com
    >> domain deesfantasyplace.com

    >
    > Ok, that indicates yet another player in the mix. You seem to have your
    > own named server running.
    >
    > What does host mail.deesfantasyplace.com and host
    > 76.160.150.91
    > show?


    host mail.deesfantasyplace.com
    mail.deesfantasyplace.com has address 76.160.150.91

    host 76.160.150.91
    91.150.160.76.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
    static-76-160-150-91.dsl.cavtel.net
    >
    > Does it match inet addr: seen in /sbin/ifconfig ?
    >
    > What does hostname show?
    >
    >> Some recent changes to main.cf, so here it is again.
    >>
    >> mynetworks_style = host
    >> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain

    >
    > Noticed you decided against my advice to follow examples and leave out
    > the commas.


    GUI did that.

    >
    >> myorigin = $mydomain
    >> proxy_interfaces = 76.160.150.91

    >
    > I wonder how postfix is going to know to listen on that interface.


    According to the URL you pointed to...

    If you run a Postfix server behind a proxy or NAT, you need to configure
    the proxy_interfaces parameter and specify all the external proxy or NAT
    addresses that Postfix receives mail on.

    >
    > Have you read the last section of
    > http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGU...ME.html#syntax


    Don't see that tag.

    .................

    I have moved this to another machine ( changed the DMZ to that machine )
    and things work properly. Same OS, postfix config, etc. except now it
    works.

    I do need to figure out why this machine didn't work.




    --
    The 80's -- when you can't tell hairstyles from chemotherapy.
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  13. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    Jim Whitby wrote:
    >
    > Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1
    >
    > All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    > access is OK.
    >
    > ie:
    >
    > telnet mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25


    I am not a postfix expert. I am interested in anti-spam efforts. I
    wonder if one or more of the ISPs you are using are blocking port 25
    as an anti-spam measure.

  14. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:57:42 -0700, Scott B. wrote:
    > I
    > wonder if one or more of the ISPs you are using are blocking port 25
    > as an anti-spam measure.


    Easy enough to check using wireshark to see if connection attempt shows up.

  15. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:22:13 -0500, Jim Whitby wrote:
    > host mail.deesfantasyplace.com
    > mail.deesfantasyplace.com has address 76.160.150.91
    >
    > host 76.160.150.91
    > 91.150.160.76.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer
    > static-76-160-150-91.dsl.cavtel.net


    Hmmmm, would have expected you to fix named
    to point 76.160.150.91 to mail.deesfantasyplace.com


    >>
    >> Does it match inet addr: seen in /sbin/ifconfig ?


    I see you are back to not answering questions. :-(

    >> What does hostname show?


    and there is another missed question. :-(

    >> Noticed you decided against my advice to follow examples and leave out
    >> the commas.

    >
    > GUI did that.


    Heheheh, much faster for me to
    su - root
    cd /etc/postfix
    gedit main.cf
    service postfix restart

    than continuing to play with something like webmin, and I assume you
    restart postfix after main.cf changes.


    >>
    >>> myorigin = $mydomain
    >>> proxy_interfaces = 76.160.150.91

    >>
    >> I wonder how postfix is going to know to listen on that interface.

    >
    > According to the URL you pointed to...
    >
    > If you run a Postfix server behind a proxy or NAT, you need to configure
    > the proxy_interfaces parameter and specify all the external proxy or NAT
    > addresses that Postfix receives mail on.


    But, you removed the inet_interfaces line.

    >> Have you read the last section of
    >> http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGU...ME.html#syntax

    >
    > Don't see that tag.



    Well I cut/pasted the above url again, it found the page and I was able to
    scroll to the bottom.

    > I have moved this to another machine ( changed the DMZ to that machine )
    > and things work properly. Same OS, postfix config, etc. except now it
    > works.
    >
    > I do need to figure out why this machine didn't work.


    Then you need to verify the incoming mail connection is hitting your machine.
    Use wireshark to verify you see the mail.deesfantasyplace.com attempt.

    If it shows up in wireshark, you know it is a resolving/routing problem local to
    the machine.

    I assume you have done something like
    service postfix stop
    cp /dev/null /var/log/mail/errors.log
    cp /dev/null /var/log/mail/warnings.log
    cp /dev/null /var/log/mail/info.log
    service postfix start
    cat /var/log/mail/*.logs
    before and after your incoming attempt.

  16. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 13:46:32 -0500, Jim Whitby passed an empty day by
    writing:

    > Mandriva 2008.1 postfix 2.5.1
    >
    > All attempts at access from outside the local net are refused, local
    > access is OK.
    >
    > ie:
    >
    > telnet mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25
    > Trying 76.160.150.91...
    > telnet: connect to address 76.160.150.91: Connection refused telnet:
    > Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
    >
    > telnet localhost 25
    > Trying 127.0.0.1...
    > Connected to jim.deesfantasyplace.com (127.0.0.1). Escape character is
    > '^]'.
    > 220 jim.deesfantasyplace.com ESMTP Postfix (2.5.1) (Mandriva Linux) ^]
    > telnet> q
    > Connection closed.
    >
    > All other ports are OK ( this is the DMZ host ).
    >
    > Per Mandriva notes, inet_interfaces = all, has been set in main.cf
    >
    > Any ideas on why I can't get any mail?


    $ telnet mail.deesfantasyplace.com 25
    Trying 76.160.150.91...
    Connected to mail.deesfantasyplace.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 dee.deesfantasyplace.com ESMTP Postfix (2.5.4) (Mandriva Linux)

    So there is no issue with the quoted mx taking requests generally.

    Run this past me what you are trying to do so I'm clear on the subject.
    "Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet"

    Are you saying external mail is not able to enter your postfix OR that
    your postfix is unable to relay outwards from inside your network.



    --
    GIVE IT TO ME! I WANT YOUR SPAM! givemespam@wibblywobblyteapot.co.uk
    h o n e y p o t h o n e y p o t h o n e y p o t h o n e y p o t


  17. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 06:11:54 +0000, Klunk wrote:



    > Are you saying external mail is not able to enter your postfix OR that
    > your postfix is unable to relay outwards from inside your network.


    Mail is not coming into the system from the outside. Outgoing mail works
    fine.



    --
    BOFH excuse #405:

    Sysadmins unavailable because they are in a meeting talking about why
    they are unavailable so much.
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  18. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:58:30 -0400, Jim Whitby wrote:

    > Sorry missed that one.... the local (eth0) ip is 192.168.1.21


    See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt

    Ip addresses starting with 192.168/16 are reserved for private networks. No one
    outside of your lan can connect to it.

    That address (whether static, or dhcp assigned), is only know to your router.
    You need to find out what externeal ip address is assigned to the router, put
    that in the dns, and have the router forward new tcp connections on port 25,
    to your computer.

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

  19. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:32:54 -0400, David W. Hodgins wrote:

    > On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:58:30 -0400, Jim Whitby
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry missed that one.... the local (eth0) ip is 192.168.1.21

    >
    > See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt
    >
    > Ip addresses starting with 192.168/16 are reserved for private networks.
    > No one outside of your lan can connect to it.
    >
    > That address (whether static, or dhcp assigned), is only know to your
    > router. You need to find out what externeal ip address is assigned to
    > the router, put that in the dns, and have the router forward new tcp
    > connections on port 25, to your computer.
    >
    > Regards, Dave Hodgins


    I have. The mail server is the DMZ address in the router.




    --
    The price of success in philosophy is triviality.
    -- C. Glymour.
    ----------------------
    Mandriva Linux release 2008.1 (Official) for x86_64
    2.6.24.7-server-1mnb AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    ----------------------

  20. Re: Postfix problem: Cannot get mail from internet

    On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:58:30 -0400, Jim Whitby wrote:

    > Next on my list, I just have to find someone to hit me on port 25 or have
    > a login remotely so I can do it.


    I went ahead and tested it ...

    $ telnet deesfantasyplace.com 25
    Trying 76.160.150.91...

    Connected to deesfantasyplace.com (76.160.150.91).

    Escape character is '^]'.

    220 dee.deesfantasyplace.com ESMTP Postfix (2.5.4) (Mandriva Linux)
    EHLO
    250-dee.deesfantasyplace.com
    250-PIPELINING
    250-SIZE 10240000
    250-VRFY
    250-ETRN
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-8BITMIME
    250 DSN
    MAIL FROM:dave@hodgins.homeip.net
    250 2.1.0 Ok
    RCPT TO:
    250 2.1.5 Ok
    DATA
    354 End data with .
    SUBJECT: Test using telnet
    FROM: dave@hodgins.homeip.net
    TO: jim mungeddeesfantasyplace.com

    A test being captured useing telnet
    ..
    250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 5519C263D0
    close

    Soo it looks like your router is forwarding it to the computer
    dee.deesfantasyplace.com

    Regards, Dave Hodgins

    --
    Change nomail.afraid.org to ody.ca to reply by email.
    (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    use in usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast