2009.0 rc1 - Mandriva

This is a discussion on 2009.0 rc1 - Mandriva ; I cannot launch kfind (Search for a file). I get: klauncher (6907) kddemain: No DBUS session-bus found kgeinit14: Communication error with launcher. Is this just my system or a bug?...

  1. 2009.0 rc1

    I cannot launch kfind (Search for a file). I get:

    klauncher (6907) kddemain: No DBUS session-bus found
    kgeinit14: Communication error with launcher.

    Is this just my system or a bug?

  2. Re: 2009.0 rc1

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I cannot launch kfind (Search for a file). I get:
    >
    > klauncher (6907) kddemain: No DBUS session-bus found
    > kgeinit14: Communication error with launcher.
    >
    > Is this just my system or a bug?

    It did come up, but not as expected. I had tried from
    konqueror, dolphin and konsole. Possibly the system is incredibly slow but
    the messages are valid.

  3. Re: 2009.0 rc1

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > Alan Secker wrote:
    >
    >> I cannot launch kfind (Search for a file). I get:
    >>
    >> klauncher (6907) kddemain: No DBUS session-bus found
    >> kgeinit14: Communication error with launcher.
    >>
    >> Is this just my system or a bug?

    > It did come up, but not as expected. I had tried from
    > konqueror, dolphin and konsole. Possibly the system is incredibly slow but
    > the messages are valid.

    If they would only stop pretending that only servers still use Linux... they
    might win back some desktop users from Ubuntu. A desktop does not need
    D-BUS or pulse audio. The Linux CookBook 2nd ed. claims to be up-to-date
    as of becoming available last year. It is really current to 2004, and has
    only grudging references to X.

    Make my box into an MP3 player for my wife's Windows "terminal" - is that
    all that Linux is for? She uses her laptop so rarely that she doesn't need
    it.

    Doug.
    --
    "Vista's special security feature: you can't hack an OS that's been put back
    in the cardboard box." Comment at http://www.theregister.co.uk/

+ Reply to Thread