Re: vmware not configured message - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Re: vmware not configured message - Mandriva ; On Aug 29, 10:21*am, Sindhu wrote: > I got vmware installed on my mandriva 2008 system, i am running the > laptop kernel 2mnb, so i had to get the devel files of the same i did. > the vmwareconfig ...

  1. Re: vmware not configured message

    On Aug 29, 10:21*am, Sindhu wrote:
    > I got vmware installed on my mandriva 2008 system, i am running the
    > laptop kernel 2mnb, so i had to get the devel files of the same i did.
    > the vmwareconfig pl script works fine , the verbose of the
    > configuration script is here>http://pastebin.ca/1188173
    >
    > the configuration successfully completes yet when i run /usr/bin/
    > vmware it says that i have no configured my vmware!
    >
    > what do i do?

    I googled for this issue, and i found the solution here.
    http://www.linux.lu/pipermail/lilux-...er/001167.html

  2. Re: vmware not configured message

    Sindhu wrote:

    > On Aug 29, 10:21*am, Sindhu wrote:
    >> I got vmware installed on my mandriva 2008 system, i am running the
    >> laptop kernel 2mnb, so i had to get the devel files of the same i did.
    >> the vmwareconfig pl script works fine , the verbose of the
    >> configuration script is here>http://pastebin.ca/1188173
    >>
    >> the configuration successfully completes yet when i run /usr/bin/
    >> vmware it says that i have no configured my vmware!
    >>
    >> what do i do?

    > I googled for this issue, and i found the solution here.
    > http://www.linux.lu/pipermail/lilux-...er/001167.html

    you should try virtualbox don't have to pay for that and just as good as
    vmware

    as for you other post on "Use kwin as window manager"

    go here and get the fusion icon might help

    have you got emerald install or "gkt or is that gtk" you might want to try
    those. if not

    go here and get fusion icon and install
    http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat...oarch.rpm.html

    taken from the other post

  3. Re: vmware not configured message

    On Aug 29, 6:24*pm, darklight wrote:
    > Sindhu wrote:
    > > On Aug 29, 10:21*am, Sindhu wrote:
    > >> I got vmware installed on my mandriva 2008 system, i am running the
    > >> laptop kernel 2mnb, so i had to get the devel files of the same i did.
    > >> the vmwareconfig pl script works fine , the verbose of the
    > >> configuration script is here>http://pastebin.ca/1188173

    > >> the configuration successfully completes yet when i run /usr/bin/
    > >> vmware it says that i have no configured my vmware!

    > >> what do i do?

    > > I googled for this issue, and i found the solution here.
    > >http://www.linux.lu/pipermail/lilux-...er/001167.html

    > you should try virtualbox don't have to pay for that and just as good as
    > vmware
    >
    > as for you other post on *"Use kwin as window manager"
    >
    > go here and get the fusion icon might help *
    >
    > have you got emerald install or "gkt or is that gtk" you might want to try
    > those. if not
    >
    > go here and get fusion icon and installhttp://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/7030500/com/fusion-icon-0...
    >
    > taken from the other post

    i have tried virtualbox before didn't like it much.

    and thanks for the link, just what i was looking for !! solved my
    problem. thanks a lot!

+ Reply to Thread