basket change default font - Mandriva

This is a discussion on basket change default font - Mandriva ; hello, i have started using the application "BasKet" and everytime i have to change the font to something bigger, lucida sans at 10 is too small for me. where can i set the default font and font type? i've looked ...

  1. basket change default font

    hello, i have started using the application "BasKet" and everytime i
    have to change the font to something bigger, lucida sans at 10 is too
    small for me. where can i set the default font and font type?

    i've looked inside .kde/share/apps/basket, there is no file where i
    can do so, also i checked with their website, there is no mention of
    changing default font / size.

    what do i do?

  2. Re: basket change default font

    On Friday 29 August 2008 06:40, someone identifying as *Sindhu* wrote
    in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/

    > hello, i have started using the application "BasKet" and everytime i
    > have to change the font to something bigger, lucida sans at 10 is too
    > small for me. where can i set the default font and font type?
    >
    > i've looked inside .kde/share/apps/basket, there is no file where i
    > can do so, also i checked with their website, there is no mention of
    > changing default font / size.
    >
    > what do i do?

    Normally the KDE Control Panel - *not* the Mandriva Control Center - is
    where you set the fonts. It's under the "Look & Feel" section
    in /KControl./

    --
    *Aragorn*
    (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

  3. Re: basket change default font

    On Aug 29, 2:29*pm, Aragorn wrote:
    > On Friday 29 August 2008 06:40, someone identifying as *Sindhu* wrote
    > in /alt.os.linux.mandriva:/
    >
    > > hello, i have started using the application "BasKet" and everytime i
    > > have to change the font to something bigger, lucida sans at 10 is too
    > > small for me. where can i set the default font and font type?

    > > i've looked inside .kde/share/apps/basket, there is no file where i
    > > can do so, also i checked with their website, there is no mention of
    > > changing default font / size.

    > > what do i do?

    > Normally the KDE Control Panel - *not* the Mandriva Control Center - is
    > where you set the fonts. *It's under the "Look & Feel" section
    > in /KControl./
    >
    > --
    > *Aragorn*
    > (registered GNU/Linux user #223157)

    that would alter the fonts system wide i do not want that. any other
    way?

  4. Re: basket change default font

    Right now you can't, but here's a handy advice:

    Make a new Tag (Tags->Customize). Name it "Big Fonts" or whatever you like like.
    1. Set your Font, font Size and whatever else formatting settings you'd like.
    2. Make sure the "Inherited by new sibling notes" is checked.
    3. Set a Shortcut key for your new tag (I use F12).

    When you start writing a note, press your key (F12 for me), and this note, and its subnotes will include your tag with your formatting settings.
    I know, not the way it should be, but I'm using it till the developers include 'default font' options. I've made a request.

    Hope I was helpful! And happy basketting

  5. Re: basket change default font

    hello, i have started using the application "BasKet" and everytime i
    have to change the font to something bigger, lucida sans at 10 is too
    small for me.

+ Reply to Thread