mini-Wifi PCIe cards - Mandriva

This is a discussion on mini-Wifi PCIe cards - Mandriva ; I am now convinced that I will have to chuck out the Railtek WiFi card in my (new) Asus EEE PC901 as it has no range and replace it with another. The question is which one? Members of the EEE ...

  1. mini-Wifi PCIe cards

    I am now convinced that I will have to chuck out the Railtek WiFi card in my
    (new) Asus EEE PC901 as it has no range and replace it with another. The
    question is which one?

    Members of the EEE User blog seem to be recommending a Gigabyte AirCruiser
    N300 Dual Band Mini Card GN-W106N-RH but that doesn't seem to be advertised
    here in the UK. There is also the thought that it doesn't handle the 108MB
    band, which may become significant in the foreseeable future.

    I have seen that a Gigabyte Aircruiser G GN W105-GS-RH is available (still 2
    band) but this raises concerns of:

    1) is it an obsolete model?
    2) What chipsets do they use?
    3) Are they supported under Linux?

    Advice on these issues will be welcomed.

  2. Re: mini-Wifi PCIe cards

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > I am now convinced that I will have to chuck out the Railtek WiFi card in
    > my (new) Asus EEE PC901 as it has no range and replace it with another.
    > The question is which one?
    >
    > Members of the EEE User blog seem to be recommending a Gigabyte AirCruiser
    > N300 Dual Band Mini Card GN-W106N-RH but that doesn't seem to be
    > advertised here in the UK. There is also the thought that it doesn't
    > handle the 108MB band, which may become significant in the foreseeable
    > future.
    >
    > I have seen that a Gigabyte Aircruiser G GN W105-GS-RH is available (still
    > 2 band) but this raises concerns of:
    >
    > 1) is it an obsolete model?
    > 2) What chipsets do they use?
    > 3) Are they supported under Linux?
    >
    > Advice on these issues will be welcomed.

    I have just found the:

    Wireless Mini Pcie GN-WI07HT-RH,SUPERAG,2X U.fl/i-pex CONNECTORS,64 / 128 /
    152-

    On
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00118TXCG?...0&linkCode=asn

    It does have 'n' band as well but is sold from the USA. Again. even if I
    ordered it, would it be supported by Mandriva?

+ Reply to Thread