EEE 901PC WiFi reservations - Mandriva

This is a discussion on EEE 901PC WiFi reservations - Mandriva ; When I ordered a 901, I got a 900 by mistake. Not realising this for a couple of days, I ran it up and was delighted with it. However, I had ordered an Atom powered model and sent the 900 ...

  1. EEE 901PC WiFi reservations

    When I ordered a 901, I got a 900 by mistake. Not realising this for a
    couple of days, I ran it up and was delighted with it. However, I had
    ordered an Atom powered model and sent the 900 back.

    The 901 is equally fine in every respect except one, the Wifi is very flaky
    and gives a 45% signal strength when about two feet (say 60cm) from the
    Wireless router. I read one letter on the net suggesting the WiFD unit on
    the 901 was in fact inferior, Has anyone else any experience with it?

  2. Re: EEE 901PC WiFi reservations

    Alan Secker wrote:

    > When I ordered a 901, I got a 900 by mistake. Not realising this for a
    > couple of days, I ran it up and was delighted with it. However, I had
    > ordered an Atom powered model and sent the 900 back.
    >
    > The 901 is equally fine in every respect except one, the Wifi is very
    > flaky and gives a 45% signal strength when about two feet (say 60cm) from
    > the Wireless router. I read one letter on the net suggesting the WiFD unit
    > on the 901 was in fact inferior, Has anyone else any experience with it?

    Whoops! Sorry, this went to the wrong NG. I'll just get the fire
    extinguisher.

+ Reply to Thread