Audio conumdrum - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Audio conumdrum - Mandriva ; My home desktop has 2 users, me and the SO. I'm usually the first to login, and always have audio available. But I've just realised that if I login second, I don't have any audio! So whovever logs in second ...

  1. Audio conumdrum

    My home desktop has 2 users, me and the SO.

    I'm usually the first to login, and always have audio available.

    But I've just realised that if I login second, I don't have any
    audio!
    So whovever logs in second has no audio...

    I've looked in MCC and Control Centre but can't see anything
    that suggests it might have caused that situation.

    Can anyone suggest what is going on here, please, and how to
    home in on a fix?

    --
    /\/\aurice
    Linux Mandriva 2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv 2008.0 PP 32-bit

  2. Re: Audio conumdrum

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:46:22 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
    > My home desktop has 2 users, me and the SO.
    >
    > I'm usually the first to login, and always have audio available.
    >
    > But I've just realised that if I login second, I don't have any
    > audio!
    > So whovever logs in second has no audio...
    >
    > I've looked in MCC and Control Centre but can't see anything
    > that suggests it might have caused that situation.

    My WAG.

    Get into the User Management Screen in MCC.
    Double click your user login.
    Click Groups tab.
    Click Check box next to audio
    Click Ok

    Repeat for the SO.

    Control q
    Control q

    Have both users log out/in.

  3. Re: Audio conumdrum

    On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:58:12 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:

    > Get into the User Management Screen in MCC. Double click your user login.
    > Click Groups tab.
    > Click Check box next to audio
    > Click Ok
    >
    > Repeat for the SO.

    Right on the button, BT! Many thanks once again...

    (I had been hitting the wrong 'Groups' tag.)