Error trying to share folder - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Error trying to share folder - Mandriva ; I get the following error while i share a folder on my desktop using NFS. "An error occurred while trying to share folder '/home/sindhu/Desktop/ DesktopPC Shares'. Make sure that the Perl script 'fileshareset' is set suid root." I googled for ...

  1. Error trying to share folder

    I get the following error while i share a folder on my desktop using
    NFS.

    "An error occurred while trying to share folder '/home/sindhu/Desktop/
    DesktopPC Shares'. Make sure that the Perl script 'fileshareset' is
    set suid root."

    I googled for the same but none of the threads where complaints about
    such have not been resolved.

    Please help.

  2. Re: Error trying to share folder

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:17:46 -0400, Sindhu wrote:

    > "An error occurred while trying to share folder '/home/sindhu/Desktop/
    > DesktopPC Shares'. Make sure that the Perl script 'fileshareset' is
    > set suid root."

    $ ls -l /usr/sbin/fileshareset
    -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 10787 2008-08-07 17:45 /usr/sbin/fileshareset*

    Note the s in the third column of the permissions. The file is part of
    $ rpm -q -f /usr/sbin/fileshareset
    drakxtools-backend-10.29.8-1.1mdv2008.1

    Do you have the rpm package drakxtools-backend installed?

    Regards, Dave Hodgins