Clearing Printer non-volatile memory - Mandriva

This is a discussion on Clearing Printer non-volatile memory - Mandriva ; Using MDV2007.1 ,I was recently given an EPSON Stylus Color440 printer ,which after some hassle now seems to work well. However during the inital tests the printer's buffer memory got partly filled . Even after switching the printer off and ...

  1. Clearing Printer non-volatile memory

    Using MDV2007.1 ,I was recently given an EPSON Stylus Color440 printer
    ,which after some hassle now seems to work well.
    However during the inital tests the printer's buffer memory got partly
    filled . Even after switching the printer off and on a few times the
    buffer was still there,hence the device must have a non-volatile EEPROM
    type of buffer facility .
    Eventually by running the printer (printing the buffer content)the
    buffer was cleared .
    However if the buffer gets filled again I would like to clear it instantly.
    Question : Is there a (CLI) command to do just that ?

    TIA for any advice

    Frank

  2. Re: Clearing Printer non-volatile memory

    Highland Ham wrote:

    > Using MDV2007.1 ,I was recently given an EPSON Stylus Color440 printer
    > ,which after some hassle now seems to work well.
    > However during the inital tests the printer's buffer memory got partly
    > filled . Even after switching the printer off and on a few times the
    > buffer was still there,hence the device must have a non-volatile EEPROM
    > type of buffer facility .
    > Eventually by running the printer (printing the buffer content)the
    > buffer was cleared .
    > However if the buffer gets filled again I would like to clear it
    > instantly. Question : Is there a (CLI) command to do just that ?
    >
    > TIA for any advice
    >
    > Frank

    Most printer have a clean button combo (button on the printer, not on the
    keyboard). Details in the manual or included driver CD.

    From your PC, with cups, you can open http://127.0.0.1:631/printers and see
    if you have an option there that works for you.

+ Reply to Thread